Thread: recommend me a scope for AA prosport

recommend me a scope for AA prosport

HI guys and gals
    Can anyone recommend a scope for the above rifle, I have an airmax on my 100kt and this will be my first springer so not sure if the scope needs to be more robust
    cheers
    The only person to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Hello and welcome to the BBS.
    If you are happy with your Airmax,why not get another one.
    They are springer rated.
    I have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 on my Tx200,great glass for the money.
    Atb
    Les..

Got a hawke panorama 5-15x50, on both my .22 prosport & my 177 tx, its a scope that works great for me & doesn't break the bank either

yep cheers guys have been looking at the panorama scopes they seem to have been discontinued so might be able to grab a bargin
    The only person to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

I’ve got a sako quad on my tx200 hc and the balance is perfect.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40, superb scopes.

I like Hawke scopes, especially the smaller Airmax ones - I've got a 4-12x40 here waiting to go on my TX. I reckon it'd work well on a Prosport.
    If you're worried, put it in a 1pc mount or a Dampa mount 👍

All of the above.

Another vote for the Nikon 3-9x40 prostaff efr

As Les said, Vortex
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I had a Bushnell Legend on mine for years but I've just put a Nikko Panamax on, which suits it well and has excellent lenses and a mildot ret.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

To the OP,

Sorry but give a scope to 10 shooters and you will get 12 different opinions back.

Like choosing the rifle it sits upon, you have to decide what it is going to be used for and what it MUST DO and what would be useful and what is a waste of money and wont bring anything to the party.

Budget....

BUT the most important thing is how your eye gets on with it. As alluded to above, everyone will look through the same scope and their eye/brain will react differently just on the image quality alone before any features are used.

My rifle went down so I borrowed a mates rifle for a hunting session last night. He had a Hawke on it and in daylight it seemed fine. Ladder ret... sorted the POI's - sorted ready to rock.

But under a lamp.... what a feckking nightmare, It became so head position fussy it took me ages to get a sight picture (and I am very experienced with night and lamping), let alone settle and place the ret on the noggin for windage and range.

YOU need to look through them and see if you work with it.

People have their favourites but what works for them wont necessarily work for you.

My mate has a Bushnell 6500 - its a class bit of glass and he loves it. When I look through it, its like drain pipe with beer glass bottle lenses. Its truly beastly.

If its a day scope - try it in the day. If its a night scope its CRITICAL you try it at night.....

Shit glass works better in the sun but shit glass stands out at dusk/dawn and night shooting.

Even if your not night shooting, using a scope that can cut it at dusk and red light will be a damned good marker for day use too.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill