Thread: Lost and found.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    lt's nice to know l am not the only one with old timers disease. has l am also forgeting where l have put things.
    Tony and I aren't even old
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Tell 'im, Jon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I recently discovered that tidying & reorganising my garage/workshop was a
    BIG mistake. I used to know where, amidst the chaos & clutter, everything was.
    I can't even find my large extension lead today
    Yours forgetfully
    Mzee

Quote Originally Posted by Mzee View Post
    I recently discovered that tidying & reorganising my garage/workshop was a
    BIG mistake. I used to know where, amidst the chaos & clutter, everything was.
    I can't even find my large extension lead today
    Yours forgetfully
    Mzee

The last time I cleaned out my workshop I found a 1947 Fergy tractor I'd forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The last time I cleaned out my workshop I found a 1947 Fergy tractor I'd forgotten about.
    Very possibly the ultimate "lost and found".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Wow you have got no chance in the future. wait until you get to 72.

Forgetting stuff

I worked on my old car once. Can't recall what the task was but when I came to do another job I could not for the life of me find my Haines manual. Eventually giving up and thinking I had left the book on the garden wall I went out and bought another. They are not cheap these days
    When sorting through a spare bedroom near two years later I moved summat and you can guess what was underneath. So now I have two of the said manuals. And now I've even sold the car on!
    The one thing about getting to that certain age is I do get to meet and make new friends almost daily
    Dave

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I’m only 46!

My thread gauges, I turned the place upside down looking for them several months ago with no luck,
    Looking for something else last week open my top tool box & there's the thread gauge not even hidden.

Almost as good as searching for my head torch, as it was a bit gloomy I switched on my head torch seeing as I was wearing it

Thumbs up

I stripped a manky mk1 Airsporter to have a go at home reblueing, The parts were wrapped in kitchen roll and placed in a carrier bag, At the same time I stripped and refinished the stock...

When the action was reblued and ready for the rebuild there seemed to be the rearsight and loading tap missing, I searched high and low but couldn't find them, I thought they accidentally gone in the bin with dirty kitchen roll that i'd used to clean the parts of grease and oil

Around two years later I went in my box of stock refinishing stuff and guess what I found??!!

The bits were there, On several occasions I saw the partly built action and stock, It got me down so much that I almost put the lot in the bin!

The elation when I found them almost better than the first time I discovered... er... Best not go there!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/