Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost and found.

Cool Lost and found.

I've owned a propriety spring compressor for many years. I can't remember who made and marketed it; it might have been Terry Robb or Mike Wade?

It hasn't been used much at all in recent years with just about all of my springers being easily stripped and re-assembled by hand. However, when I fettled my Supersport a few months ago, I was in need of its service for re-assembly. And I couldn't find one very important piece, a cylinder that engages on the thread and has a flat surface on which you can locate the dowel which you need to clear the spring retaining pin. I made do at the time and had to alter the piece which was also supplied with the kit intended for use on the old FWB Sport.

Anyways, over the last few days the missus has been tidying up the kitchen drawers. And I returned home form work tonight to find that missing piece on display for me!

She's a good 'un sometimes!

Isn't it nice when you're finally re-united with something, no matter how small or seemingly trivial?

Any similar tales, peeps?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Last Christmas my two best mates bought me a small torque wrench kit intended for cycles. It wasn’t a cheapo one, and cost quite a few quid.

I needed it last week when torquing the handlebars on my road bike (carbon bars carbon stem) but could I hell find it.

I looked in every box and on every shelf in my workshop ten times over, no word of a lie I spent two hours looking for it.

I’d just about given up when I thought of one last place it may be, I’d moved this particular thing a dozen times, it was a paint roller tray. There it was under the roller!

I was so relieved to find it I wasn’t even mad or annoyed that I’d wasted two hours and was blathered in dust, I was grinning ear to ear

It’s always, always in a place you’d never think to look.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    when we last moved house, I found a whole gun I forgot I had.

Can't even remember what it was now
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

remembered.. it was a gamo compact pistol. I know I have one in Zambia, but really had no recollection of buying this one. Still don't tbh
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    lt's nice to know l am not the only one with old timers disease. has l am also forgeting where l have put things.

I got a coat out the wardrobe id not worn for 3 years there was 50 pounds in the inside pocket a nice surprise

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    lt's nice to know l am not the only one with old timers disease. has l am also forgeting where l have put things.
    Tony and I aren't even old

Tell 'im, Jon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I recently discovered that tidying & reorganising my garage/workshop was a
    BIG mistake. I used to know where, amidst the chaos & clutter, everything was.
    I can't even find my large extension lead today
    Yours forgetfully
    Mzee

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Wow you have got no chance in the future. wait until you get to 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzee View Post
    I recently discovered that tidying & reorganising my garage/workshop was a
    BIG mistake. I used to know where, amidst the chaos & clutter, everything was.
    I can't even find my large extension lead today
    Yours forgetfully
    Mzee

The last time I cleaned out my workshop I found a 1947 Fergy tractor I'd forgotten about.

Forgetting stuff

I worked on my old car once. Can't recall what the task was but when I came to do another job I could not for the life of me find my Haines manual. Eventually giving up and thinking I had left the book on the garden wall I went out and bought another. They are not cheap these days
    When sorting through a spare bedroom near two years later I moved summat and you can guess what was underneath. So now I have two of the said manuals. And now I've even sold the car on!
    The one thing about getting to that certain age is I do get to meet and make new friends almost daily
    Dave

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I’m only 46!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The last time I cleaned out my workshop I found a 1947 Fergy tractor I'd forgotten about.
    Very possibly the ultimate "lost and found".

My thread gauges, I turned the place upside down looking for them several months ago with no luck,
    Looking for something else last week open my top tool box & there's the thread gauge not even hidden.

Almost as good as searching for my head torch, as it was a bit gloomy I switched on my head torch seeing as I was wearing it