i tried atf. Loud ching
    Went through gun again no sign of contact
    Changed oil to 20 w fork oil
    An improvment
    But still a ching
    What oils have you used ?
    Cheers ian

30W hydraulic oil.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I found power steering hydraulic fluid for my car works fine.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks

I'll trythat tomorrow
    Thanks again
    Ian

Not sure that 'ching' noise it down to the type of oil in the damper? It doesn't sound right at all.

I vaguely remember Yana in Netherlands had real problem with his LG250 - maybe worth searching for the BBS thread?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Anniie 250 oil

In a previous thread i stated that brake fluid was used to dampen the recoil..

In fact Baz is correct it was atf oil I used. This oil is used both in power steering and automatic gearboxes..

The ching you hear is also in mine too!

Quote Originally Posted by shanksey55 View Post
    In a previous thread i stated that brake fluid was used to dampen the recoil..

In fact Baz is correct it was atf oil I used. This oil is used both in power steering and automatic gearboxes..

The ching you hear is also in mine too!
    Is it also a loud ching?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ATF is commonly regarded in the automotive and hydraulics world as being interchangeable with 40W hydraulic oils. ATF and hydraulic oils have additives to lessen foaming or frothing when used in hydraulic pumps. They also help when used in hydraulic shock absorber damper units on motor applications e.g. motorbike forks etc.
    As we aren't repetitively cycling the damper in an airgun at a high rate there is no real chance of frothing being a problem but a damper which doesn't damp can be due to a trapped pocket of air in the damper valve or oil reservoir.
    The grade (weight) of oil may not actually be the problem, if the noise is damper related (i.e. the damper isn't fully absorbing the shock and allowing a metal to metal contact at the end of the firing cycle) I would suspect an air bubble is the most likely problem unless you have somehow assembled the damper valve wrongly or the "ching" noise emanates from another part of the gun.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Hi thanks for the replies
    I will film it being fired and post tomorrow
    Cheers ian

From memory we used simple ATF I believe. Cant remember any cling but its long time ago.
    Is yr damper disc still ok?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    From memory we used simple ATF I believe. Cant remember any cling but its long time ago.
    Is yr damper disc still ok?
    I think Yana means this 'cocking lever buffer ring' between the damper and the end cap, no.65:

Vintage Airguns Gallery