Thread: Older target pistol wanted.

Older target pistol wanted.

Hi all.
    I'm looking for an older target pistol, maybe an fwb65/80 or a Diana model 10 etc, would consider a single stroke pneumatic but I do like springers. Don't want a pcp, don't have a fortune to spend.
    What would people recommend & does anyone have anything for sale?
    Thanks.
    Neil.

target pistols,

I have both the pistols you mention in your post, a cased model 10, and a feinwerkbau 65 cased, both belong to a friend who is going blind, so needs to sell them to help with his care,
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ale-both-cased

Thankyou, I'm interested especially in the Feinwerkbau. I'd prefer to collect but you're too far away. What value would the cover be up to with special delivery?
    Thanks.

pistols, now posting,

special delivery covers from 500 to 2k, but not really sure if they cover air pistols, although i've probably sent a dozen via sd, with no probs, but not sure if they'd pay out in event of a claim,
    pf, is obnt 100 compensation, but at over 3kg packed sd is about 27 pounds,

Pm sent.

Still looking for target pistol, spring or ssp. Ideally within driving distance of Lincoln (up to 80ish miles), as I don't like the idea of entrusting delivery to Royal mail with inadequate insurance cover.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Still looking for target pistol, spring or ssp. Ideally within driving distance of Lincoln (up to 80ish miles), as I don't like the idea of entrusting delivery to Royal mail with inadequate insurance cover.
    I've just been on this train ride, but for a different reason.
    I'll not go into any detail, but open up your options and take a considered look at bulk co2 pistols.
    The one I have finally bought is in the post right now, as is the fire extinguisher, so can report back to you with my thoughts if you'd like?

If you are interested, look up my user name and follow my threads concerning this option.
    There have been some conversations behind the scenes, but you can also make your own enquiries if you need to fill in the gaps.

Just an option.

P.S, I talked the seller of the 65 as well and was happy to travel, but still ended up buying the Walther CP3 !!

If your preference is for "springers" and you are looking for an "older type" (classic) I have a couple of really nice Original Model 6 recoilless target pistols that could be of some interest to you?

Both have the moulded grip - one is brown and still has its original poly-box that has been encased in a custom made wooden carry case and is in as good a condition as you could hope to find (some would say mint) , and the other has a rarer grey plastic moulded grip, but again it is in extremely good condition for the age (well above average!).

The advantage these types have over the later "slant grip" Model 6 pistols is that they still retain a nice trigger reach, whereas the later types can be a real stretch to get the index finger onto the trigger blade - and that does not suite too many shooters!

Both these recoilless target pistols (and the later types) share exactly the same Giss recoilless mechanism and spare parts are currently easy to come by, and they do not use the swivelling cocking sleeve of the Model 10 and Model 6M as that is no longer available and is proving to be the "achillies heel " of the two types of Giss match pistols.

Both of these Model 6 pistols have been recently re-sealed (with new springs etc) by Dave Mercer (DM80 on the BBS) and since their rebuild the brown one has only had a few shots taken with it, and the grey one has not been shot at all yet - but will no doubt find its way to the club when we have our next 6 yard MPL evening to "run it in" and get all the new parts nicely settled.

Let me have an email if you would like to know any more about them and I can get some pictures taken for you to see.

Delivering them "next day" to you in Lincoln would not be a problem and/or you would be welcome to come and visit us at RMTC any Tuesday or Thursday evening and shoot them both on our 10 meters range.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.