Thread: Results : Muscle Power League 2019, Autumn/Winter Series

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20191019.

Rob has shot another spiffing score with his HW99S

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    If i'd known about clipping the whiter dot it would of been a higher score !

Many thanks for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    If i'd known about clipping the whiter dot it would of been a higher score !

Many thanks for the compliment
    Keep scoring your targets the way you are doing it now - to give the rest of us some encouragement!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Keep scoring your targets the way you are doing it now - to give the rest of us some encouragement!
    Lol you flatter me, but thank you !

Hello To All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20191026.

regards

Russ

Hello To All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20191102.

regards

Russ

Just shot my last cards for the year

Hello to All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20191130.

Rob - another fine score

Best regards

Russ

Many thanks for all the hard work Russ

Rob,

My pleasure

It is always good to see somebody doing superb shooting with a recoiling 'field' springer

For me, it is what the MPL is all about.

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Wednesday, 20191218.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

SoftTop and Bart49 are meeting me on the RMTC club range this Thursday to complete our SAR series together so we have the best chance of putting each other off and spoiling our scores - nothing unusual there!

Shoulder to shoulder shooting is always more difficult and not easy for many MPL shooters to arrange - but if it is possible - it is always nice to call a near neighbour or friend to join up for a shoot together in the shed/celler/hallway/garage etc....

When I lived in Exmouth many years ago, nobody else was shooting with an air pistol so I got chatting to a few neighbours and let hem have a go - and the next thing is that we were shooting into my garage whist standing outside on my drive together - and then entering the NSRA postal competitions - still shooting into my garage!

Not ideal shooting conditions perhaps, as we had to stand outside on the drive to get the correct distance (6 yards and 10 meters) but that's how we got started and we often shot in the rain and the dark (and even in the snow on one occasion) when we were running a little bit late and needed to get the targets shot on time!

We eventually found an available skittle alley so we could shoot indoors but the lighting was awful and it was a struggle to get a night that was free when we could all make it - so we usually ended-up back on my drive again!

The problem was eventually solved when we hired the Littleham Church Hall every Friday night and formed the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle Club - but it all started with me conning a few unsuspecting neighbours into having a go at shooting with me outside on my drive!

Shooting from home is great (and the ONLY option for many), but getting together now and again is also nice if possible - and it is also a very good way of lowering your scores too!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-12-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Bob,

Very true !

I have tried & tried to get my friends from our shooting club to have a go at the MPL, with total lack of success

We have a regular monthly shoot (centre-fire target, 100 to 600 m), and these chappies are as keen as mustard.

Given the cost of ammunition - ca. 60 to 100+ p per round, you might have thought that they would jump at air rifle / pistol shooting, at ca. 1 to 2 p per round, to get in some less expensive practice.

Nope

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

Very true !

I have tried & tried to get my friends from our shooting club to have a go at the MPL, with total lack of success

We have a regular monthly shoot (centre-fire target, 100 to 600 m), and these chappies are as keen as mustard.

Given the cost of ammunition - ca. 60 to 100+ p per round, you might have thought that they would jump at air rifle / pistol shooting, at ca. 1 to 2 p per round, to get in some less expensive practice.

Nope

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    Russ,

Ahhhh- you are trying to preach to the 'converted".

I was a member of the Exmouth Small Bore Club and the full bore Exmouth Pistol Club at the time, and I had very little success in influencing any of these "established" shooting cub members into having a try with an airgun.

One exception was Robert McIntosh (Mack) who was at the time a 42 Commando Armourer (Royal Marines). He was the first to acknowledge that precision target airguns were far more accurate than any cartridge firing weapon as they did not have the variable of a different propellent every shot!

Friends, colleagues and workmates were a different story altogether. They seemed a lot more interested and prepared to "give it a go" - many enjoyed the experience but had other sports or interests that would not allow the time to take up another, but some took the sport up and within a few months I had managed to build a club of 40 - 50 good solid members - many of whom actually came to the club every week !

We need fresh blood as very few who already shoot with firearms will actually give airguns a fair go - but there are exceptions - even if the success rate will be a lot lower!

Don't give up!

Bob.

Bob,

You are quite right !

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Saturday, 20191221.

Best regards

Russ