Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New local East Lancashire club.

New local East Lancashire club.

We are a local group based in Burnley. Currently using the Paradise Working Men’s Club with meetings every Tuesday night from 7.30 p.m. onwards. We operate a .177 10 metre discipline. All newcomers are welcome, we provide everything, just bring yourself and any instruction will be provided. We try to create a social atmosphere to accompany the rifle shooting. To aid participation we operate a seating position, so members can use a table to assist aiming the rifle.

Rossendale Model Target Club

Good luck with your new club!

We are just down the road from you in Rawtenstall and also shoot on a Tuesday evening from 7 - 10 pm - but we also shoot on a Thursday evening from the same times so if you would ever like to give us a visit on one of your free evenings please drop me a PM or an email to let me know when you would like to visit us.

RMTC is only a small club but we accommodate air rifle and pistol shooting on our permanent 10 meters auto-changer equipped range and have also been shooting bell target for many years too.

Like yourselves we can also accommodate shooting from a seated position and we also have experience of shooting Supported Air Rifle and Supported Air Pistol too.

In addition we have a 6 yard night (about once a month) to accommodate the traditional British shooting distance which makes a nice change (and is a lot harder than you might think as we use "scaled" NSRA 6 yard targets) as it gives members the chance to shoot in the MPL competition and to brush up on their bell target shooting too!

Bell targets are a permanent fixture on our 10 meters range as well and are great relaxing fun to shoot at as a change from the NSRA 10 meter targets.

Best regards,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I called over there last week (you know me - I will go anywhere for a free brew. Instead I have a very cheap but good pint as I wasn't shooting on this occasion. ) and met a couple of the members. Im off over there again tonight because I promised them the loan of my (Red Bob?) bell target and to show them a HW30. Hence: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ease-remind-me

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Good luck with your new club!

We are just down the road from you in Rawtenstall and also shoot on a Tuesday evening from 7 - 10 pm - but we also shoot on a Thursday evening from the same times so if you would ever like to give us a visit on one of your free evenings please drop me a PM or an email to let me know when you would like to visit us.

RMTC is only a small club but we accommodate air rifle and pistol shooting on our permanent 10 meters auto-changer equipped range and have also been shooting bell target for many years too.

Like yourselves we can also accommodate shooting from a seated position and we also have experience of shooting Supported Air Rifle and Supported Air Pistol too.

In addition we have a 6 yard night (about once a month) to accommodate the traditional British shooting distance which makes a nice change (and is a lot harder than you might think as we use "scaled" NSRA 6 yard targets) as it gives members the chance to shoot in the MPL competition and to brush up on their bell target shooting too!

Bell targets are a permanent fixture on our 10 meters range as well and are great relaxing fun to shoot at as a change from the NSRA 10 meter targets.

Best regards,

Bob.
    Hello Bob,
    Sorry for the delay in replying to your kind post. As I mentioned in our original post the gatherings are fairly new and we are still trying to find our feet. We are in the market for match rifles, however due to the protocols on this forum, I can not view them yet. I need to use the site more and talk to people like yourself. We should visit your club and I will try to engineer that. Many thanks for your kind words and offer.
    All the best,
    Warren.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I called over there last week (you know me - I will go anywhere for a free brew. Instead I have a very cheap but good pint as I wasn't shooting on this occasion. ) and met a couple of the members. Im off over there again tonight because I promised them the loan of my (Red Bob?) bell target and to show them a HW30. Hence: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ease-remind-me

ATB
    Ian
    Ian,
    I should have posted this the day after you came to our club. However I have no idea where the week has gone. That is no excuse I know but we would just like to say. If the world was full of people like you everyone would be living in a better place. We can not thank you enough for the loan of 'Red Bob', this will give hours of entertainment for our members. This is just one item you brought and your generosity is gratefully appreciated. I too agree with you regards shooting. Due to various unrelated events everyone has become paranoid. The mere mention of rifles, shooting and we all become terrorists. It is quite pathetic. We would like to thank you for everything and you are welcome anytime at the Burnley and District Air Rifle League.
    All the best,
    Warren.

Burnley and District Air Rifle League.

We have just purchased our first air rifle, a Feinwerkbau 300S. We celebrated the first time it shot after we purchased it with a failed breach seal. No problems as it required a strip and repair. To say that it probably had never been taken apart before it has done very well. We hope the next repair will be as long in the future before it wants doing again.
    Would like to give a public thanks to Ian for the loan of 'Red Bob', the members love shooting at a bell target. It is a breath of fresh air dealing and talking with anyone regards air rifles. The passion, help and information shown for the sport belies the reputation the media and public give when mentioned. Although I have experience of the sport going back to the 70's, I am amazed at the popularity of air rifles. Especially when we now have most air rifles carrying a PCP cylinder. This is not a criticism, just an observation, as it now means you have to refill your air rifle. This I would have thought would create a barrier to entry rather that simplify. Although I understand that the power this system delivers is the panacea, however I wonder how many declare their air rifles as above the legal limit.
    We are only interested in the old springer and SSP. So if anyone locally has a rifle similar to above please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Warren.

I would like to thank everyone for their input and help. Ian has been marvelous with us and loaned us his red bob bell target. We now have two Feinwerkbau 300's and after 16 weeks and a shoestring budget we are over the moon. We have a good strong membership, but always welcome more. Our idea is that we provide everything you only have to turn up, enjoy the discipline and the banter. Let's be fair no one can say that 10 metre target shooting is easy, that is what makes it fun and a challenge.
    How many people have others come across that think if they buy the best rifle money can purchase it will make them the best shot. Some people are not convinced until they have tried. The other thing I do not understand is the rifle that was bought, hardly shot with and now is for sale?
    Many thanks to everyone again,
    Warren.

Many thanks.

We at the Burnley and District Air Rifle League would like to thank all who have responded to our post. With a special mention to Ian who has been so generous and helpful.
    Many thanks,
    Warren.

Your very welcome. Good luck with HW30 and if you need any more help - just give me a shout.

ATB
    Ian

p.s. I havent told my son in law, a devote Rovers supporter we have been talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Claretsmad View Post
    Hello Bob,
    Sorry for the delay in replying to your kind post. As I mentioned in our original post the gatherings are fairly new and we are still trying to find our feet. We are in the market for match rifles, however due to the protocols on this forum, I can not view them yet. I need to use the site more and talk to people like yourself. We should visit your club and I will try to engineer that. Many thanks for your kind words and offer.
    All the best,
    Warren.
    Hi Warren,

No problem - you would be welcome to come and visit us at any time - just let me know when you would like to drop-in.

When you visit us we can have a chat and arrange to come back and visit you at your club too!

As we are both so close to each other we should be able to help you if you get stuck for anything.

I have been starting and running airguns clubs since 1971 when I first started the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle Club and have probably "seen it all" over the years in the various clubs I have visited and/or helped so if you have an problems or want to ask any questions please just give me a call - we can exchange numbers by PM if you like.

I live in Crawshawbooth - are you in the Working Mens Club just up the road from me?

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

I live in Crawshawbooth - are you in the Working Mens Club just up the road from me?

Bob.
    No.

No.
    Ah - the one I was thinking of was in the Working Mans Club just outside Crawshawbooth on the Burnley Road in Dunnockshaw - about 3-4 minutes away from my house.

This one is about 18 minutes away just off the Colne Road on the other side of Burnley.

Together with the Rossendale Model Target Club and the Burnley Club we have a nice choice of airgun clubs in our immediate area.

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my belated posts. Thank you Ian for sorting that. To clarify, we are using the function room at the Paradise working men's club, 4 Martin Street, Burnley BB10 1SH. The club is just off Colne Road about 500 yards beyond Duke Bar. That is for those who know Burnley, if not I suppose it is the post code in to sat nav method. The beer is good and cheap and everyone is welcome. Slightly off topic but I would like to wish good luck to England in the World Cup even though I have a few quid on the opposition.
    Warren.

While I can’t comment on the ‘footsball’ - whatever, I can personally agree on the good pint!!!! Don’t let ZOOMA in as he would want a cherry in his.

Don’t let ZOOMA in as he would want a cherry in his.
    ....nothing wrong with having one of your "five a day" with a good pint !