Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New local East Lancashire club.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ....nothing wrong with having one of your "five a day" with a good pint !
    Silly! A cherry isn't one of your five a day but the water melon on the club bandit is. (Along with a green Smartie)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Silly! A cherry isn't one of your five a day but the water melon on the club bandit is. (Along with a green Smartie)
    Oh - that is so much clearer now !

Your knowledge on dietary matters is without comparison - we are so lucky to have you around to advise us
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Oh - that is so much clearer now !

Your knowledge on dietary matters is without comparison - we are so lucky to have you around to advise us
    But you dont listen to my advice otherwise you would be walking very strangely and uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    But you dont listen to my advice otherwise you would be walking very strangely and uncomfortable.
    What you suggested was not possible - I tried it

Burnley and District Air Rifle League.

I would just like to update people on our current situation. We now have two 10 metre target ranges. We also provide everything, including rifles, pellets and targets. Unfortunately you have to buy your own drinks. All for a modest £3 range fees. We seem to suffer with sustaining a constant membership. However we are new and we have invested not for the people who may attend. More for the people who do attend. I suppose if we wanted a large membership we should have dug a big pond and put fish in it. What I find infectious is the enthusiasm and knowledge of people on this forum. How could you not like a sport that offers so much. Keep up the good work on here.
    Many thanks to everyone.
    Warren.

One of the first places I turn to when I require info on any airgun related subject, and occasionally non airgun related subject, is here! Every day is a school day.

With regards to membership. Quality not quantity. Good luck and keep shooting.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Claretsmad View Post
    I suppose if we wanted a large membership we should have dug a big pond and put fish in it.
    Warren.
    We inherited one , hardly anybody uses it !
    As I.J says , it’s quality that counts not quantity .
    In the words of a film “ If we build it , they will come “
    Well done on what you have achieved so far , here’s to the future .

Burnley and District Air Rifle League.

We set up a page on the famous social networking site when we re-formed. I must confess that I am not a big lover of the aforementioned social networking site as I have worked with people who seemed to live on it. It is not a comparison in any way shape or form like the one I am posting on now. However I must say that recently I have been posting old photographs from clubs distant past. The response has been amazing. I am not saying that it will increase our membership. However it will increase our profile and hopefully reach out to members who may be interested. Finding ways of advertising for free in this modern world are becoming more difficult. What does everyone else think?
    Warren.

When I used to run my classic airgun site ( bobsairguns.com), I included a dedicated section for the Rossendale Model Target Club to display it's club rules and to help promote some of the new ideas that I started and wanted to promote such as the MPL (Muscle Power League) etc.

I also recorded the score's and results from the competitions that we were shooting in along with some pictures taken at the club, but this was not enough to keep the visitor numbers to this section of the site enough to make the huge amount of time I spent to trying to keep it interesting and up to date worthwhile.

It did have some good response to start with, but then it's use began to fade as less visitors to the site looked at this particular section - even though the traffic to the main site to see my classic airgun pictures and reviews etc increased dramatically.

When I retired I had intended keeping bobsairguns.com alive and well, but I had already pictured almost every classic air pistol and was well on the way to including most of the classic target air rifles too, but my pension could not support the large number of airguns that I needed to provide enough comprehensive information to achieve a really good knowledgable base that photos alone would not give - and so I reluctantly gave it up.

Trying to keep membership numbers up is a problem for many small target airgun clubs and in most cases the less members you have the more they each have to pay to make sure the rent gets paid each month!

We have a really nice club in Rawtenstall now with new electronic target changers and the sort of members that you would choose to spend your social time with, but we could certainly use one of two new regular members (of the same ilk) to share the range, the humour ......and the rent
    Last edited by zooma; 28-11-2019 at 04:58 PM.