Thread: “ Original “ Model 75 . What’s in the box ?

“ Original “ Model 75 . What’s in the box ?

I’ll be putting my 75 away for a time when I’ve decided on the best storage method. I was wondering as I dropped it in it’s polystyrene coffin , with associated bits there in what the empty places were for ? I know the rear infill behind the trigger guard comes off so that will have its little place.

I’ll try and attach a picture of what’s in my box but pretty sure there should be other bits, maybe consumables ?
    I can’t find any photos online of a boxed 75 sadly , anyone ?
    Or did they use the same packaging for the universal ? I don’t have the box for mine.
    One last question .

This 75 is dated 0380 or 0580 ( eye sight ) marked “ original “

My universal 75 dated 0780 is marked “ Diana “

Was that when Germany retrieved the Diana name ?

Thanks

Apparently I can’t post pictures.

“ you may not post attachments “

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    I’ll be putting my 75 away for a time when I’ve decided on the best storage method. I was wondering as I dropped it in it’s polystyrene coffin , with associated bits there in what the empty places were for ? I know the rear infill behind the trigger guard comes off so that will have its little place.

I’ll try and attach a picture of what’s in my box but pretty sure there should be other bits, maybe consumables ?
    I can’t find any photos online of a boxed 75 sadly , anyone ?
    Or did they use the same packaging for the universal ? I don’t have the box for mine.
    One last question .

This 75 is dated 0380 or 0580 ( eye sight ) marked “ original “

My universal 75 dated 0780 is marked “ Diana “

Was that when Germany retrieved the Diana name ?

Thanks
    Unfortunately I don't have a pic of a NIB Diana 75U, but here are a couple of an FWB 300SU, which might give you an idea?

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....sal/#post-3922
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

aimless Guest

parts of a FWB 300 SU

If your Diana branded 75U is indeed an 1980 model, then it wasn't intended for the UK market since all 75s were Originals imported by Frank Dyke at that time .
    It wasnt until around 1986 that the Diana brand name was re-used on UK M&G guns. For a time, there were Diana, Original and RWS branded models being marketed in the UK, all via different importers.