Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWS Meisterkugeln Pellets.

RWS Meisterkugeln Pellets.

Hi,

I was given this full miniature tin of RWS Meisterkugeln pellets and wondered if they would have possibly been originally offered as a complimentary part of some German air pistol (Walther LP53 etc.) These miniature tins always look neat, especially when they accompany a nice boxed air pistol.

Thanks
    Brian

Hi Brian,

These small tins often accompany a cased Walther LP53 - nice find!

John

Here's another sealed full tin of similar size:

I have a tin in with my Hammerli single:

lp53

Yes i have quite a few examples of these pellets in my LP53 de lux cases.
    Roly.

Anybody know if these 1970s miniature Webley pellet tins were a complimentary accessory to a set ? The strange thing about this particular tin is that it breaks the Webley convention of orange for .22 and green for .177.

Brian

Could make this a hobby, collecting tiny tins.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

[QUOTE=Benelli B76;7730555]Could make this a hobby, collecting tiny tins.

Baz

Hi Baz,

And another.

Brian

And another. 200 not 100.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

More:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Here's another, marked 'Sample' :

An Education for me.......

I can remember that when I first got an air rifle a tin of 500 .177 Eley Wasp (Red Tin) was six shillings (30 pence) at the local iron mongers.

Later on he also started to stock Milbro Caledonian and Bull Dog Pellets these were offered in tins of 500 or 200 or sometimes cardboard boxes.

These tins look very collectable now but back then they made very attractive targets once they were empty

I have never seen tins or boxes of 100, except for the match wadcutters that would have come in square plastic boxes/trays and individually separated by being in foam inserts? And were far too expensive for young boys!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I can remember that when I first got an air rifle a tin of 500 .177 Eley Wasp (Red Tin) was six shillings (30 pence) at the local iron mongers.

Later on he also started to stock Milbro Caledonian and Bull Dog Pellets these were offered in tins of 500 or 200 or sometimes cardboard boxes.

These tins look very collectable now but back then they made very attractive targets once they were empty

I have never seen tins or boxes of 100, except for the match wadcutters that would have come in square plastic boxes/trays and individually separated by being in foam inserts? And were far too expensive for young boys!
    I remember buying boxes of 100 Lanes cat slugs for 6d.(1958)These were non-waisted pellets and worked well in my Diana No 2, pop-out barrel pistol. They were in a flimsy white square cardboard box. They were also sold in 500 box for 2/6d. I think the 500 box was light green - again a flimsy box.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Anybody know if these 1970s miniature Webley pellet tins were a complimentary accessory to a set ? The strange thing about this particular tin is that it breaks the Webley convention of orange for .22 and green for .177.

Brian
    Those tins are pretty scarce and hard to find apparently. I'm not that up on Webley stuff but I've seen mention that the .177 pellet tin you have there were possibly miss printed with orange rather than green as the larger standard 500 size .177 are.

Quote Originally Posted by Brano View Post
    Those tins are pretty scarce and hard to find apparently. I'm not that up on Webley stuff but I've seen mention that the .177 pellet tin you have there were possibly miss printed with orange rather than green as the larger standard 500 size .177 are.
    Hello,

Although this particular miniature tin is quite hard to find, it is undoubtedly an intended Webley accessory probably included as a complimentary addition to a boxed set. The two pellet tins pictured below are also very hard to find with the one pictured on the right also breaking the Webley convention regarding colour and calibre. I have an example of the correctly colour coded tin pictured on the left which contained just 250 .22 pellets instead of the usually found 500 pellets. The tin on the right however, which contained 500 .177 pellets still eludes me and I would be grateful for any leads which might help in finding an example of this extremely rare tin.

Brian