Thread: Moderaters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moderaters

Anyone on here make moderaters in kit form please.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    I've made a couple, just need to test various 'fillings' to see how quiet I can make them before I think about flogging them! , just bought a Db meter, so will see how they go.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Do you not need to be an RFD to make and sell them ?

Yes, you do.

Not in kit form as far as I'm aware.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes, you do.
    Cheers AB. I'm pretty sure that's why a member on here stopped making them and I don't mean U.K NEIL.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Cheers AB. I'm pretty sure that's why a member on here stopped making them and I don't mean U.K NEIL.
    Ah, ok.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    I've made a couple, just need to test various 'fillings' to see how quiet I can make them before I think about flogging them! , just bought a Db meter, so will see how they go.

Cheers.

Roy.
    For Airgun use you may not need any “filling”. I made one for one of my Air Rifles and a variety of fillings I tried seem to make very little difference so I left them out. The cone at the front seem to do most of the work.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

I have made a few just for fun, mainly for pcp rifles, and while I would not claim that they are as efficient as some commercially available models, some are pretty good.
    For materials, I have used a variety of things like: plastic or steel tubes from old solar powered garden lights that you stick in flower borders. The ends are usually delrin with one end tapped to screw on a barrel or sometimes drilled etc to a barrel diameter as a 'slip on'. Filling varies from the oft mentioned hair curlers to experiments with springs, washers, spacers and foam sheet etc. The exit end is drilled to accept a pellet exit with a little leeway e.g. 6 or 7mm for 4.5mm 1.77. Results can vary with the length of the cylinder and its diameter and it pays to experiment.
    Cheers, Phil