Thread: Dedicated followers of Fashion ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    as the name was hunter field target i thought it was only for hunting variant type rifles
    Just like in the field, you can take your FT rig to shoot bunnies.
    They wind up just as dead.
    It's about the discipline, shooting around trees, under obstacles, over obstacles, contorting yourself into positions to take the shot.
    Just like in the field.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Now now gentlemen ... I started this thread as a general observation that I thought more Steyr and Anschutz rifles were appearing in HFT, not as means to resurrect the origins of HFT and the use of 'sporter' rifles. Things move on... it's evolution. And alied to the increase in Steyr and Anschutz I suspect there is a decrease in the BSA Goldstar that was all the rage some time ago ... but not the Ultra, and possibly Daystate have lost out to Steyr / Anschutz now? Not sure on that but possible. Walther still seem relatively uncommon. Air Arms seem forever popular but seemingly, to me, at the top end the HFT500 rather than the FTP900. But in all these comments I stress my sample size is very low.
    Maybe people see the top shots using a particular rifle and think they would/should follow suite ...
    Cheers, Phil

.......Prof. Phil: I think most of the replies on here are firmly with "tongue in cheek".

Practice.Practice.Practice.
    Thats how winning is done.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter