Thread: BSA Ultra JSR- the little junior rifle

BSA Ultra JSR- the little junior rifle

The junior bsa ultra - ?

An ultra set for 6ftlbs in a diddy stock ?

Anyone got one for their child, grandchild to use under supervision ?

It looks like the best thing I can see for a youngster currently ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    It's a interesting niche..

Most of us (myself included) just shorten the stock on cheap budget, but full sized PCP/CO2 guns (ratcatcher with a cut down stock (fitted with an adj buttbad) , and an AGS PCR1 with chopped butt both worked great for my kids for very little money).

..but if you don't want to mod your own.. then again, I think I'd be more tempted to buy a regular ultra and buy the junior sized stock for it, selling the stock on in due course.

whilst I get the logic behind lowering the power (around 7 FP ?), I think it's a problem for either HFT shooting, or when the shooter wants to move on, knowing that the gun must be sold.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

On the subject of cut down stocks for juniors, I have an Ultra stock that has had some interesting mods performed on it (rubbed down and yacht varnished and front end modified). If someone wanted to modify it for a junior, I'm sure it would do a good job. It's gratis to whoever wants it.

They may end up as a garden plinker, many keep their first gun & a low power garden plinker has a place in most people's collection. Std stocks are cheap enough to upgrade size once outgrown.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

25l?

HW30STL .177, HW45 Blackstar .177, HW77 .177, LGV Challenger .177, BSA Airsporter S Mk1 .22. Original 65 .177, BSA Lightning GRT .177, HW99 .177.

The JSR Ultra can be modded for 11+FtLb but it isn't exactly cheap. They are a very good starter gun due to the short pull length but easy to stick an adult size stock on as your kid/s grow up. Keeping at the 6FtLb mark keeps it in line with the requirements for Scouts and Cadet use so if your kid/s require to shoot HFT/FT and need an 11+ gun I would buy another Ultra (12FtLb) gun with adult stock and then you can swap the stocks around as required and sell the JSR when it's no longer needed.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!