Thread: Dedicated followers of Fashion ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Interesting stats, thanks.

On bigger HFT comps I’ve noticed almost a quarter of the competitors are using Steyr’s and Walther’s. (Tuned HW97k for me)
    No Feinwerkbau’s though. None mentioned on the above stats either. Seeing as they are well represented in the target shooting world and they do a 12ftlbs FT version I’m surprised.
    Any idea why?

Matt
    Mud.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Graham is bang on there.....HFT means Mud, rain in the winter and dust in the summer. Some rifles handle it slightly better than others. The Steyr has a weakness with the slot for the cocking lever, even worse if you have the chassis that has the slots for both LH and RH. Crud can work it's way into the hammer run but this can be mostly mitigated by carrying the rifle around a course in an old shooting bag, that way you can put off the interval for internal cleans and servicing for a couple of years. I've found that Steyrs are (if looked after properly) one of the hardier target rifles.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us