Thread: BSA R-10 TH Regulated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA R-10 TH Regulated

Hi,

Was thinking of also buying a PCP rifle to complement my soon to arrive TX200HC. Was looking at the BSA R-10 TH Regulated ... and the advert certainly makes it sound fabulous. More interested to know about its consistency, reliability, smoothness of action (in particular the smoothness of operation of the bolt and magazine) from any owners here. Have read a couple of good reviews but am interested in long-term use. Would be very interested to hear thoughts too comparing it to the HW100KT, which I have owned twice before and really loved. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by C3PO_1; 18-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Looked at the R-10 recently on a mission to buy another PCP - seems that for every good one you get a bad one as well so it would be wise to try any potential purchase out before committing - due to the poor reviews regarding the R-10's Reg I bought a Wildcat. Loving it

Ah ... ok sounds like the 100KT might be a better option .... if only the .177 shot count could be improved!

It can be improved if you change the cylinder for an aftermarket one,plenty of choice,it’ll make the rifle lighter too

I think bsa shotcount is either guesswork or down to zero pressure, its a shame they cant cure the very wasteful hammer bounce, and often regulator issues hold this rifle back, it looks great and feels good in hand. The hw is heavier and has a rather low shotcount to, hw100tuning can make these very good but when buying a new gun I find it strange you need to spend more, you've bought the wrong gun possibly.

Ive bought both of the above new and had problems with both so Id look elsewhere, the AA range seem very reliable and accurate and hardly any bad press, plus theres others to choose from like AGT who are getting rave reviews so worth a look, or take a gamble on things like the zbroia, artemis range.

Or buy something used at a bargain price as if its not what you hoped for theres not a loss or much of a loss, I recently bought a phox cheap and after a little trigger tune it really surprised me, very accurate and light but a buddy bought it and I still regret selling, since that Ive bought a used p15 that was about as accurate as a catapult, a barrel polish and a few tweaks has got this doing 5p groups at 40yds, over 200shots perfill. So there's always a chance to turn a lemon into a good one..

Best of luck with your choice and enjoy

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I had a BSA r10 and it was terrible, groups were like a shotgun at 30 yards no matter what pellet. Very good looking don't get me wrong but was not good for me. I have a daystate airwolf (a rather special one) that I get 450 shots in .177 and dead accurate, why not look into finding a second hand daystate mechanical or electronic. Definitely some bargains to be had