Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes sometimes the impossible happens - English Hy-Score Sporter -completes collection

Thumbs up

Lovely collection Flint!!

Mine has a different rearsight, Possibly a later version?

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Lovely collection Flint!!

Mine has a different rearsight, Possibly a later version?

John
    Yes yours is the last version. The sight is fully adjustable and also note it’s higher as well as the front blade. This was done because with the proper tilt the moderator can get in the way of my line of sight with my lower profile.
    Last edited by 45flint; 02-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Hy-Score Sporter

I have one of these little pistols and think they're a gread design. I'd put a pic up but haven't worked out how yet.

Mines one of the early Phoenix ones and has brown grips. It seems as though American parts have been used as the square threaded end appears to have been welded on.

Is there anywhere in the UK that parts can be obtained at all? The reason I ask is the pin holes in the screw on cylinder end block have been chewed up by the previous owner and I'd like to replace it.

Are all the parts of the American and the UK version interchangeable? If so a cheaper American version would be a good donor. I know in the US the standard model is cheap and plentiful?

Hy-Score Sporter

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Are all the parts of the American and the UK version interchangeable? If so a cheaper American version would be a good donor. I know in the US the standard model is cheap and plentiful?
    Most appear to be and the rear cylinder endcand knurled apature certainly appear the same.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for an old donor or suck it up and order parts from the US

Out of interest, this is the third type of rear sight fitted to the British Phoenix Hyscore air pistol.

Brian