I don't normally stick my neck so here goes!!

Divorcing myself from the issue of why this legislation is being brought in actually I think its a bloody good idea.

Maybe finally those gunshops were you can go to get expert advise might actually be able to make a decent living rather than having the constant spectre of the 'value for money' brigade going to them for advise then ordering the gear over tinternet to save £30.

Expertise costs money in any business and actually I think it will help our sport because people wanting airguns will be forced to go somewhere where they will be given some sensible advise and information.

Its all to easy to forget that the members of this BBS make up a tiny fraction of airgun owners in this country and from my own experiance there seem to be a hell of a lot of who know sweet FA about the legislation that affects them and behave accordingly

Forcing those people into shops can only increase the overall awareness of responsible airgun ownership.

However I admit that realistically catering for 2nd hand sales under this system would be impossible and it is this element that is possibly the most dangerous for us.