Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a Sharp Victory

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Thank you John, that's very nice.

Has anyone ever seen the U-SL in the flesh?
    Its dimensions and CO2-ness remind me of my Sears 180.
    Looks like a lovely little gun.

Seen a beautiful boxed U-FP that belongs/belonged to a friend, The blueing was a mile deep!!, Wish i'd taken a pic of it when I saw it some years ago!!

Never seen the U-SL in the steel though

BTW, I've a load of Crosman literature also from Lawrie if you're interested?

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Seen a beautiful boxed U-FP that belongs/belonged to a friend, The blueing was a mile deep!!, Wish i'd taken a pic of it when I saw it some years ago!!

Never seen the U-SL in the steel though

BTW, I've a load of Crosman literature also from Lawrie if you're interested?

John
    Ooooh, we'll have to get piccies of that U-FP!
    Crosman literature - I bought a lot of it from DT Fletcher; almost all his books, and lots of manuals. But you never know! What ya got, doc?

Here's the only photo of the U-SL I've found so far.
    Being used by a very happy Mrs BB; Tom Gaylord's wife.
    Long live the Airgun Academy blog.
    It just looks great - I mean, the U-SL
    Source: https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2009...he-rest-of-us/

think they were influenced by the Taiyo Juke 160 copy

There seem to be a few versions of the Victory, with different sights and other details.

This I believe is the version that was sold in the UK.
    The auction house wrongly labeled this as an Ace. It's from the Myron Kasok collection.
    (Source: Vintage Airguns Gallery, thank you Danny)
    A simple blade style rear sight, it looks like the one on my Blue Streak, with a simple screw for elevation and probably the Innova/Ace plate that can be unscrewed and moved left or right for windage.

Then there is this earlier version, with a more interesting aperture sight and a front sight hood.
    Like the one from Slow Runner in New Zealand, on page one of this thread - with the beautiful tiger stripe stock.
    (Source: US auction site, it sold for 325 USD, the lucky bastard!)

Then there is this very early version, the one that I need to repair for my Dutch friend.
    I have found out that it was bought in Japan by a Dutch man who worked on a cargo ship many years ago. He hid the gun in his shed to prevent his (grand) children from playing with it, and decades later it was found behind a wall, by the inheritor of the house!

It must have this type of aperture sight, on another Victory that I found on a Japanese website:

Then there's a third style, I think intermediate? From a thread on AGF. With thanks to Mike. No front sight, it might have been taken off, who knows.

And some paperwork with the different styles.
    Source: http://airgunenthusiast.weebly.com/s...log-pages.html
    Looks like Kensuke though a 4x20 scope would be best.
    And it looks like the UK got the "Sharp Victory D" or in other words "Sharp Victory Deluxe".
    To think of all those rear sights that got lost! And boxes and manuals binned after purchase. Almost makes me cry haha.

I think in chronological order... Correct me if I'm wrong.

And lastly, look at this sexy thing! Have a nice Saturday y'all!

Some pre work amateur research results.

On the American Vintage Airguns forum, moderator Citizen K directed me to the Japanese blog by Shimizooo.
    With two links, containing these photos.

This one is from a Japanese magazine Fun Shooting, Volume 17 2011.
    Kensuke Chiba deceased in the early 2000's, so this photo is probably not of him.
    I also do not recognise the karakters for his name, starting with a sort of F and ending with a letter that looks like a house.
    Perhaps the gentleman on the foreground is the general manager, Mr Itoh.
    Can somebody read Japanese on here?

Not sure who this gentleman is and what airgun he is holding? Doesn't look like a Sharp but the blog post is about Sharp's.

An advert.

With thanks to Shimizooo,
    https://shimizooo.exblog.jp/17846319/
    https://shimizooo.exblog.jp/iv/detai...2_22574287.jpg

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that the Victory photo above with scope, without front sight blade and with different trigger guard, has a non-original trigger guard and is the same gun as the other later Victory. The trigger guards are made of plastic and can crack when the trigger guard screw is overtightened.

Cheers, Louis

I have found two Victory's.

Both needed attention.

Here are some photos of the .177 surgery. With great thanks to Lawrie for his help.
    Both guns were full of Loctite. The bloody stuff!
    I found some seals that fit quite well from other spare seals kits (BSA Spitfire, QB78, Crosman 140). With thanks to Ped.

These guns shoot hard. It feels sacrilegious to say, but I prefer my Innova's. Still, I love these Japanese beauties too.