Thread: BSA Lincoln Jeffries Service/Repair??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can fully understand you wanting to lavish some attention on this lovely rifle, Chris.

I've wanted one for a long time and recently managed to acquire one. But yours also holds huge sentimental value.

If you're a little handy, although I've not worked on one myself, I understand that they're an easy rifle to work on. There is lots of very useful information on these wonderful rifles on the Vintage Airgun Gallery forum. Have a look on there and see if it instills enough confidence. And make sure you have those all important correctly fitting screwdrivers so as not to mark up those beautiful fasteners.

Many parts available from Knibbs, Protek and Chambers.

If you decide not to have a go yourself, I'm sure someone will shout up with the details of a suitable 'smith.

All the best,

Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Echo what Tony says. Very easy to do yourself with modest skills, the ready availability of parts and plenty of sources of info.

Have a read of Post 112 over in the Idiots Guide sticky in Collectables. It will give you an idea of what is involved in a strip. As said, they are really quite easy rifles to work on. The hardest part is removing the end trigger block as they can be quite stuck at times.
    If you decide to 'have a go' and get stuck, just post on here and there will be lots of people who will be pleased to help.
    Cheers, Phil

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    That's great guys, thank you very much.

I'll do some research into the process to see if I could handle it myself rather than give it to someone else, I think I'd actually prefer to do it that way now you've mentioned it but obviously I'd want to be completely confident that I wont screw it up.

Thank you again
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"