Thread: Air Arms S400/410 Info Published

Air Arms S400/410 Info Published

This ones taken a while! Lots of info, pictures, ads & reviews so get yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and I hope you enjoy the new page on probably the greatest PCP paltform of all time.

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-s400-s410

As always, let me know about any typos, inaccuracies or just your general feedback.

Cheers, Steve
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

A masterful job, very well done indeed.

Thanks P.J.

Top job on one of the best rifles ever made
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hi there very nice job there Steve, what is next in the line up, keep up the fantastic work all the best Graham.

An excellent reference source for any one wanting to know about the history and development of the S400/410 series. I'm an AA fan owning a Classic S410 and S510. Thank you for publishing it.

Thank you very much for this. It's a very interesting and informative read.

Excellent ...thank you for all your hard work.

Have you ever considered compiling and publishing your complete series as a book / booklet? I do not know much about the publishing industry but suspect that you have already done most of what is needed to 'page set' your series. Or could difficulties arise with pictures and ownership of pictures from magazines?
    Even include copies of the manuals as appendices. Maybe Air Arms might sponsor it?

I should add that my fear with electronic publications is that in time the links can become inoperative for various reasons and so access to the information becomes a problem or impossible.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Top job on one of the best rifles ever made
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi there very nice job there Steve, what is next in the line up, keep up the fantastic work all the best Graham.
    Thanks Graham. I'm on with the EV2 & MPR. Ill be adding the ads/reviews over the next few days with a view to completing the write ups over the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by woody2906 View Post
    An excellent reference source for any one wanting to know about the history and development of the S400/410 series. I'm an AA fan owning a Classic S410 and S510. Thank you for publishing it.
    You are more than welcome Woody. Your first sentence covers my intention for the site very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley_Steve View Post
    Thank you very much for this. It's a very interesting and informative read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Excellent ...thank you for all your hard work.

Have you ever considered compiling and publishing your complete series as a book / booklet? I do not know much about the publishing industry but suspect that you have already done most of what is needed to 'page set' your series. Or could difficulties arise with pictures and ownership of pictures from magazines?
    Even include copies of the manuals as appendices. Maybe Air Arms might sponsor it?

I should add that my fear with electronic publications is that in time the links can become inoperative for various reasons and so access to the information becomes a problem or impossible.

Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil.

I would say that for this sort of thing a website is probably the best media. There are no external links withing the main Air Arms information pages so the integrity of the info is not susceptible to issues with external links. The sites a bit of a labour of love and I have loads of ideas of useful things to add in the future and using a website means updates/additions can be made as and when.

As for ownership of some of the material, this is not an issue at the moment but would likely be if there was to be a commercial aspect to it all - such as profiting from a book.

Still rather my s300 to the newer stuff. Gun has never let me down. Same seals have been in it for 12yrs now.but that is one hell of a comprehensive read you have compiled there steve. Well done!

Cheers Wilba.

The 300 series were fantastic rifles - evidenced by the fact a fair few are still out there doing what they do.

Have you checked out the S300/310 page?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    Cheers Wilba.

The 300 series were fantastic rifles - evidenced by the fact a fair few are still out there doing what they do.

nope?

Cheers Wilba.

s300 does not suffer the leak problems of the 400 series. the 300 is a workhorse thats for sure. have had a s310 also but got fed up of the mag rotating spring issues so got rid. this 300 has lasted 23yrs without a single problem. yes she is a bit tatey but she is a worker thats for sure. to be honest i have some nice guns but this would be the last to go and thats saying something. i have formed a big bond with this rifle.
    Last edited by WILBA; 24-09-2019 at 07:11 PM.

They are indeed a workhouse WILBA and very easy to work on.

Here's a link to the general PCP page. Scroll down and click "read" below the S300 picture: https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-pcp-rifles

They are indeed a workhouse WILBA and very easy to work on.

Here's a link to the general PCP page. Scroll down and click "read" below the S300 picture: https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-pcp-rifles
    Lovely read. Also read about my pro elites they said 25ftlbs for the s300/310 face but i got my 310 up to 33. Although once the plod started coming down on ownership i got rid of it.