Thread: FWB 65 Trigger Shoe

FWB 65 Trigger Shoe

Having just finished some 20 yard competition cards at my club, I had a go with the club's FWB 65 at the same distance, just to see how it performed.
    Annoyingly, this pistol, which I had never shot before, produced a better group than I have been getting from my PCP match pistol! I have my own 65, and the club example felt better to shoot, hmmmm.
    The only significant difference I can think of was an add-on trigger shoe that increased the reach over standard.

https://i.imgur.com/SE3jIi0.jpg

I have had a search for something similar, but have only found that is close is an item on the 'bay from Australia (but not the Bisley one). Does anyone know of where I can source a suitable trigger shoe for the 65?

Cheers,

Mark.
    Last edited by Modski66; 22-09-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

arnie2b Guest
    I'm wondering if it was an OEM part?
    fWB offer trigger shoes for the newer models starting from model 100.
    Maybe send them an e-mail and ask them?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie2b View Post
    I'm wondering if it was an OEM part?
    fWB offer trigger shoes for the newer models starting from model 100.
    Maybe send them an e-mail and ask them?
    No, its an aftermarket shoe, dating from the same era as the pistol, mostly used on full bore pistols with the 3 lb trigger weight, I did have one the same that I modded to fit a .38 special Model 10 S&W back when we were not social outcastes, so that gives you a clue how long ago it was, I thought it was in my spares, I did look, but its long gone!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Many thanks for the replies, I have been thinking about fashioning something myself from chewing gum and iron filings, or maybe the various aluminium bits in my shed would work better.
    But seriously, I do have some epoxy putty stuff called 'Quick Steel' that I am thinking of using to perfect the shape before carving metal.
    (Or I could just pinch the one off the club's gun! )
    Too many guns, or not enough time?