Thread: Indian PX50

Indian PX50

Anyone any experience of this pistol ?
    https://www.preciholesports.com/air-...x50-air-pistol

The PX50 match pistol looks very interesting - as does the PX100 Club Pro match rifle !

It is always good to see a new manufacturer making target pistols and rifles, and if the quality is good and the price is competitive, it would be interesting to see them "in the flesh" and to have the opportunity to shoot one to see how it feels and performs.

The Percihole accessories look interesting too and suggest that this is not a totally "new" manufacturer, but one that has been established for some time with a small range of spring powered air pistols and rifles too!

I see the manufacturer "Precihole" has 27 pages of dealers listed on their site (all of them are in India) but they do offer a mail order service.

Does anyone know the law regarding importing a target air pistol from India? .
    Last edited by zooma; 01-10-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

If their guns are as good as their competitors ...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Precihole match air guns

I have not seen any of these, BUT, I can assure you match air gun is very big in India, as is target shooting in general, and their national teams are top level. I have had requests and supplied several of my books to India so they must be discerning!

I have seen other Indian shooting products and my guess (and it is only a guess!) is that these will be very good, they are cheaper than Europe, but unlike the cheaper Eastern Europe products, they look like modern technology, I'll bet the quality is good. These will not be like the Chinese who just copy to a lower quality.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I did notice that the manufacturer offers a mail order service, but assuming they would accept an overseas order, I would still like to know if it would be legal to buy a PCP match pistol from India and if so, what sort of import duties and "problems" are likely to be experienced?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

private mail order

Bob,

I suspect it would be risky, I wouldn't want to risk it, considering some of the hassles we get here with posted air guns, and with EU they are "F" marked to signify in EU/UK legal limits, gun imports of any type have got problematic in the last couple of years. I think best to wait until there is a UK importer, I'm sure there will be.

The current "must have" shooting kit , jackets and trousers, that's setting all the world events alight is Indian, and that's imported into the UK.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    37000 Rupees >>> £424
    Plus postage
    Plus currency exchange fees
    Plus VAT
    Gets you nearer the £550 mark
    =
    Not worth the risk at that money IMHO

I agree its not worth the risk trying direct, but when they are officialy imported, and when sampled, IF they are top quality, could be a good punt then, but best to wait and see.

Have Fun
    Robin