Thread: cheap scopes from wish ect........

cheap scopes from wish ect........

Hi All
    I am in need of a better mag scope for long range shooting but on a very tight budget, has anyone had any cheap scopes from wish, aliExpress or any other cheap site ?
    next question- do they work or am i best off waiting till my bank balance improves ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nick P View Post
    Hi All
    I am in need of a better mag scope for long range shooting but on a very tight budget, has anyone had any cheap scopes from wish, aliExpress or any other cheap site ?
    next question- do they work or am i best off waiting till my bank balance improves ??
    I've bought both good and bad cheap scopes off of Ali express. My BSA side focus 8-32x44 is very good as is my diana 4-16x42ao (mine has an etched glass reticle - most seem to be wire rets!). Another BSA 4-12x40 was rubbish as was a side focus 30mm body scope. Do not forget the rules re VAT as well - the VAT and £8 vat collection fee can make a good looking deal less good!

This is the BSA - range finds well and good enough for FT. A UTG side wheel fits with a bit of adapting...

See if the forum sponsor can sell you what you need https://www.jsramsbottom.com/riflescopes.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I've bought both good and bad cheap scopes off of Ali express. My BSA side focus 8-32x44 is very good as is my diana 4-16x42ao (mine has an etched glass reticle - most seem to be wire rets!). Another BSA 4-12x40 was rubbish as was a side focus 30mm body scope. Do not forget the rules re VAT as well - the VAT and £8 vat collection fee can make a good looking deal less good!

This is the BSA - range finds well and good enough for FT. A UTG side wheel fits with a bit of adapting...

How is the Diana scope - it looks pretty good. Build quality? Lens quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    How is the Diana scope - it looks pretty good. Build quality? Lens quality?
    It is a good scope - nice feel and decent glass. I prefer it to a Hawke vantage I have that is similar in spec. It has survived on my HFT springer for well over a year. Do note my preferred one has an etched reticle - there are cheaper versions with a wire reticle - I have one of those too and its not as well built or as good glass but still very usable.