I recently found my old (& long thought gone) G-10 repeater pistol.
I remember buying this new, way back in around '93/'94 but due to getting older, moving houses etc. it was packed away & forgotten about/lost.

Condition for its age is pretty good & all seemed to be working well on a few test shots... Bearing in mind it probably hadn't been shot in maybe 20 years.

However, on a recent plinking session where I thought I'd give it a blast for old times sake it was a pain to cock.
Quite often, after pulling the slide back it would fire/jump on the compression of the slide.
This seemed to get worse as the plinking went on?

I remember it doing that a few times from years ago but nowhere near as often as it was recently?
Is this a common thing with them or have I just lost "the knack" of it?

I haven't taken it apart yet as I remember being given one in a bag of bits around the time I bought mine (as I had the exploded diagram instructions - hence I must be the expert?) & I could not get that bugger back together!

I know it's not an expensive pistol, but I'd quite like to keep it for the sentimental value.
Being older & hopefully a little bit wiser, is there a fix or fettle for the old girl?