Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norfolk 10 metre Open Aigun

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Norfolk 10 metre Open Aigun

For the first time in many years we are running a Norfolk Open 10 mt airgun Championships, to be help over the week end of Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th November at the South Norfolk Club Range at Attleborough, minutes from the A11, so very accessible.

We have classes for :-

Match Air Rifle (60 shot)
    Sporter Air Rifle (40 shot)
    Supported Air Rifle (30 shot)
    Match Air pistol (60 shot)
    Supported Air Pistol (30 shot)

All events will be run on handicap on your average (except the outright Champions in Rifle and Pistol) with prizes for Disabled, and Juniors. It will be to ISSF rules, but with a sympathetic approach, and we will have a lot of fun.

We need the help of all our friends to make this meeting a success, so it can run again on an annual basis, Please enter.

Entries from norfolkairgunopen@icloud.com email for PDF entry form

OR

There is a link to the form on Essjay's post below.

No excuse get entering!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 08-10-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Perhaps let us know where abouts?

Oh and the month.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Perhaps let us know where abouts?

Oh and the month.

Dave
    Thanks Dave, I got interrupted when I was posting it, problem of doing three jobs at once!

I hope we can see you there.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

What is a sporter air rifle please? Not got a match rifle, but sporter could be fun.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    What is a sporter air rifle please? Not got a match rifle, but sporter could be fun.
    Thanks Geoff

"Sporter" is an international class, but in the UK and abroad its predominantly shot by the Scouts, its shot standing on the same 10 mt targets, specific shooting clothing is limited to a glove only, so no kit required, and the rifles are limited to several budget makes, predominantly used are various models of Air Arms target rifles and the variants, from the 200T up to the MPR, dioptre sights allowed, the same as Match Rifle, trigger weight is minimum 500 grams same as Pistol, total rifle weight 3.5 kgs. It's predominantly a youth class, but there is no age limit, so it is open to all. We will run on a handicap based on average, rather than standards classes, so any one can have a chance to win.

Have Fun
    Robin

Norfolk

Maybe a group from the bastion of Supported Rifle (Oop North!) come and show our people how its done?

Have Fun
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    For the first time in many years we are running a Norfolk Open 10 mt airgun Championships, to be help over the week end of Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th November at the South Norfolk Club Range at Attleborough, minutes from the A11, so very accessible.

We have classes for :-

Match Air Rifle (60 shot)
    Sporter Air Rifle (40 shot)
    Supported Air Rifle (30 shot)
    Match Air pistol (60 shot)
    Supported Air Pistol (60 shot)

All events will be run on handicap on your average (except the outright Champions in Rifle and Pistol) with prizes for Disabled, and Juniors. It will be to ISSF rules, but with a sympathetic approach, and we will have a lot of fun.

We need the help of all our friends to make this meeting a success, so it can run again on an annual basis, Please enter.

Entries from norfolkairgunopen@icloud.com

Have Fun
    Robin
    Hi Robin

It may be me probably is !!

I am unable to access the entry form the link

Thanks Clive

Clive

Its an email address, if you email that a nice lady will send you the entry.

The entry form is on a PDF, I'm not very computer savy, perhaps some one can tell me if I can add it on the post, I can't see how?

Best regards
    Robin

Clive

Its an email address, if you email that a nice lady will send you the entry.

The entry form is on a PDF, I'm not very computer savy, perhaps some one can tell me if I can add it on the post, I can't see how?

Best regards
    Robin
    Hi Robin,
    I don't think you can add any document directly to a message.
    So, here's a link to the Norwich City Target Club Google Drive where I've put a copy of the entry form.
    Hope lots will now enter - and also come and try the NCTC too !!

Norfolk County Rifle Association
    Open Competition 2019
    Entry Form

sj

RMTC - The Bastion of Supported Air Rifle Shooting 'oop North

Maybe a group from the bastion of Supported Rifle (Oop North!) come and show our people how its done?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Hi Robin,

I am just about to extend the kitchen and need to get everything water-tight and finished before Christmas (this year) so I won't be able to join you in Norwich, but I would love to come down at a later date and shoot some 10 metre Supported Air Rifle in your club, and I am sure I could bring a couple of RMTC members with me as we are keen to shoot and promote this "new to the UK" discipline.

Do you have the supported rifle stands in your club, or would we need to bring our own stands with us?

I am sure shooting with you would be a lot more enjoyable than standing in the mud (water down neck etc) and trying to get the mortar to set before it drops below 4 deg each night, but once the walls are built and tiles and Velux roof windows are fitted it will be dry (but still cold) inside for plastering......and then fitting the units/plumbing and electrics.....

Sorry I can't make it this time!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Robin,

Can you please check that the Supported Air Rifle Class only has 30 shots?

It looks like a mistake if the Supported Air Pistol is 60 shots (same for air pistol and air rifle at 10 meters!).

I think it should be 60 shots for the SAR event like the other 10 meter target classes.

Thanks,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Supported

Thanks Bob,
    It was a mistake on the post, I did that on a busy morning! Its now corrected, its correct on the entry form, ALL the supported classes are 30 shot, it was included for a number of disabled and "mature" shooters who are not used to 60 shot matches so the decision was made for 30 shots, any one can shoot 60 if they wish but only the first 30 will count for the comp.

We'll miss you, but why not get some of your others to come, we'll even brief the local breweries to stock up!

Have Fun
    robin

Entries

Entries are building nicely, we still have space, and with being run over three days Friday, Saturday, and |Sunday the 8th, 9th and 10th of November, we will have options to suit every one.

Please enter and help make this meeting a success so we can ensure its future.

Have Fun
    Robin

I have posted my entry form this morning

.......and looking forward to taking part in the 10m Match Air Pistol event on the Sunday

Robin, I hope the event is well supported and you get plenty of entrants.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Norfolk

Thanks Paul

We may add some furthest travelled awards! Thanks for your support. The entry is filling fast, but we still have space.

Have Fun
    Robin