Thread: A solution for which there is no problem whatsoever.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    After seeing a guy at the club loading his Nitro conversion the faff involved is not worth it.
    If you think cleaning your Revolver is dirty messy then I would suggest a co2 Revolver is for you.
    Your totally right Tac.
    I acquired an Anvil nitro conversion revolver which is based on the same Uberti Remington 1858 revolver I currently still own and shoot due to the loss of our outdoor range and the subsequent restrictions placed on the use of muzzle loading revolvers on our now fullbore adapted indoor range.

Although I have now found another club locally with a suitable outdoor range I continue to shoot the nitro conversion as it actually involves less faff that the BP version. The nitro revolver can be loaded on-gun in just the same way as the standard Remington BP revolver without the need for fillers or grease and with the added advantage that the 209 shotgun primers used are both cheaper and easier to fit than the No11 caps used on the standard revolver. It's also quite nice on some of those cold, damp winter days not having to wait 10 minutes or so between shots while the smoke clears.

I still enjoy the full BP experience with its associated noise, smell and sometimes unreliable ignition etc, but I feel there is certainly a place for these nitro conversions especially when the alternative might be to give up shooting large pistol calibre pistols altogether.

As said in an earlier post, I have no issues with cleaning my revolvers after use and spend as much time cleaning the nitro conversion as the BP revolver,but its sometimes nice no to be faced with the immediacy required with traditional BP revolvers.

It's also worth noting that Nitro Conversion revolvers are eligible for use at the "Repeating Pistol Meetings" organised by the Surrey Branch of the MLAGB in conjunction with The South London Rifle Club at Bisley.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 09-10-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    It's also worth noting that Nitro Conversion revolvers are also eligible for use at the "Repeating Pistol Meetings" organised by the Surrey Branch of the MLAGB in conjunction with The South London Rifle Club at Bisley. Brian
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarificatementation. Still only UK, though...

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarificatementation. Still only UK, though...
    Hello tacfoley,

As travelling with firearms outside the UK can be problematical, its not really a problem even if eligible competitions were organised abroad.
    I understand the MLAGB initiative has been taken to encourage the use of all types of muzzle loading revolver in competition with the possibility of postal entries to follow.
    Brian