Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic Reflections book is being reprinted!

Pneumatic Reflections book is being reprinted!

A heads up. The highly-esteemed veteran airgun author Larry Hannusch has updated his Pneumatic Reflections book, which he published 20-odd years ago and which has been impossible to buy for years.

He said this on the American Vintage Airguns forum the other day:

Friends:

I dug through piles of old magazines to locate all of the original texts that comprised the article compilation formerly known as "Pneumatic Reflections" first printed about 20 years ago. There are nearly 300 pages worth of information about a wide range of airgun collecting topics , from BB guns to Big Bores. All of these articles were digitally scanned and enhanced for your viewing pleasure, and this volume has been reprinted to a higher standard than before. The introductory special price is $45.00 per copy, plus postage. At this point, I am only sending these to the Continental USA. Postage will be $4.00 for media mail, and $8.00 for Priority Mail. Paypal, check, and (my favorite) cash are accepted. I can be contacted via a PM for further info and for a paypal email address.

P.S.-My preliminary research reveals overseas priority mail would be about $40!!

Thanks!
    Larry Hannusch

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Wonder if he would ship if we could drum up enough interest for a bulk order?

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I'd be up for a copy.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I'd be up for a copy.

Dave
    Me too...

An absolute gem!

Your library is incomplete..without the thoughts of Chairman Larry!

Me too ...

Cheers, Phil

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Count me in as well.

John

And me.

Lawrie

Me too. Thanks, Louis

I've contacted Larry. He seems happy to ship to the UK. More that he is embarrassed by the total cost with shipping added. But that's not his fault. I've asked if he would be interested in a bulk order to reduce the overall shipping costs. Of course with a more expensive order will come a customs charge. So it is a bit of swings and roundabouts although I expect total charge per book on a bulk purchase ought to be much less than ordering individually. I'll respond further when Larry gets back to me. He says he is "on the road" at the moment. No doubt "heading south" for the winter.

Actually Larry is en route to the North Carolina Airgun Show, a highlight of the year for collectors and shooters alike. I'm about ready to head out myself and looking forward as always to seeing him and other friends for a couple days of airgun frenzy!

Don R.

Of course! Should be a great show.

id be up for a copy if we do a bulk order chaps. put me down for one please.

Right folks. Just hear back from Larry. It's going to be easiest to a ship box of 11 books as he gets them already boxed in that quantity. My calculations of import duty, vat on the shipping and parcel farce handling fee plus UK post fee per book is probably 57 quid each. Maybe a tad more to cover US transaction paypal charges. That's assuming you are all UK located!

As it's 85 USD including shipping per book direct from Larry that's going to work out to be 65 quid plus 12 quid parcel farce handling fee. Should not be any duty to pay and I don't think vat on the shipping cost. So that's 77 quid if you order direct from Larry.

Therefore if we bulk order, you spend 20 quid less (I don't like calling it a saving as you're still spending!).

I will need 11 people to sign up and pay up front as I'm not personally going to front half a grand and risk not being able to sell them on. I will take paypal f+f or bank transfer. I am not making any money on this.

I could give them out at one of the Kempton Arms fairs (Lawrie I know you are a regular) which would mean the price would reduce accordingly. If you want to collect from the Kempton Arms fair, let me know below.

If you have changed your mind, let me know below.

So far I have:

1. JimmieDee - confirmed
    2. Unframed Dave - confirmed
    3. ptdunk - confirmed - paid
    4. Phil Russell - confirmed - paid
    5. The Prof "ccdjg" - confirmed - paid
    6. CO2 godfather "Lawrie Amatruda" - confirmed - awaiting clearance
    7. louisvanhovell - confirmed
    8. Wilba - confirmed - paid
    9. Danny (Garvin) - confirmed - paid
    10. Vic Thompson (via Lawrie) - confirmed - paid
    11. Vic Turner (via Lawrie) - confirmed

Reserve list:

1. WebleySenior - confirmed
    2. Mike Shape via Vic Thompson

Waiting payment from:

Unframed Dave
    louisvanhovell
    Vic Turner - unless Lawire has already paid for Vic (not showing on bank account yet)
    Last edited by JimmieDee; 02-11-2019 at 11:32 AM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post

So far I have:

1. JimmieDee
    2. Unframed Dave
    3. ptdunk
    4. Phil Russell
    5. The Prof "ccdjg"
    6. CO2 godfather "Lawrie Amatruda"
    7. lousevanhovell
    8. Wilba

We require three more providing those above confirm. Once every one has paid up, I will instruct Larry to ship!
    Hi Jimmie, I can confirm I will buy one of these. I hope you can muster the quorum, and many thanks for taking the trouble to sort out the logistics.

Cheers,
    John