Thread: Grey Moulded Grip Model 6.

Grey Moulded Grip Model 6. SOLD.

I am selling my nice tidy Model 6.NOW SOLD

The pistol has the early type grey moulded grip and the early type rear sight, and has been recently re-sealed (with new springs etc) by Dave Mercer so it is well "sorted", in very good condition overall and should give many years of trouble free accurate shooting.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....del-6-For-Sale

I have taken some pictures and can send them by email to anyone that is interested in buying it.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-10-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I am selling my nice tidy Model 6.

The pistol has the early type grey moulded grip and the early type rear sight, and has been recently re-sealed (with new springs etc) by Dave Mercer so it is well "sorted", in very good condition overall and should give many years of trouble free accurate shooting.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....del-6-For-Sale

I have taken some pictures and can send them by email to anyone that is interested in buying it.
    Bob is asking £135 collected for it, which considering it has been re-sealed and re-sprung is good value.

These Diana pistols are fiendishly accurate, truly recoilless, precision instruments that would cost hundreds if sold new now. Fantastic fun!

This is what they look like inside:

Except Bob's pistol has the lovely all-steel rear sight:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for uploading the picture to show the old style rear sight that is fitted (correct original spec) to my early grey Model 6.

An unusual rear sight that is seldom seen - only on the first Model 6 pistols. It is different to the those fitted to later moulded Model 6 and Model 5 pistols.

This Model 6 is an early example taken from the original mould. This moulding was later changed for the remainder (and all of the brown moulded grips) so it does look subtly different and should very interesting to any collector of Giss air pistols.

The overall condition of the pistol is good - as the pictures will show - and the function is perfect with new springs and seals.

It Works !

This pistol was shot at 10 meters on the RMTC club range this week and it felt good and punched good clean holes - everything a good match pistol should do!

I think I will try to get a few more rounds put through it to "bed-in" all the new parts, and if nobody shows any interest in buying it I will keep it as I have noticed that it doesn't eat much or take up too much space - but then somebody else will miss-out on a really nice example of an early production moulded grip Model 6.

Once I have shot a few more pellets put through it I will start to check to see what diet it prefers.

If it is like all the other Model 6 pistols I have owned over the years (since I bought my first new example in 1971) the RWS Meisterkugeln 4.50 pistol pellets could be hard to beat.

SOLD to John. 1shot1kill

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    SOLD to John. 1shot1kill
    About bleedin' time.

Ths pistol represented fantastic value. It may not be a great looker but once you've fired one of these Dianas, there's no going back to recoiling spring pistols at a similar price point.

Basically there's very little difference in firing behaviour between one of these mod 6s and the match mod 10, which cost an arm and a leg back in the day.

There's never been an equivalent, before or since, of a 'budget match' gun like it that I know of.

I can only imagine that the fact they are quite common, combined with the rather chunky one-piece moulded plastic grip, that puts people off.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    About bleedin' time.

Ths pistol represented fantastic value. It may not be a great looker but once you've fired one of these Dianas, there's no going back to recoiling spring pistols at a similar price point.

Basically there's very little difference in firing behaviour between one of these mod 6s and the match mod 10, which cost an arm and a leg back in the day.

There's never been an equivalent, before or since, of a 'budget match' gun like it that I know of.

I can only imagine that the fact they are quite common, combined with the rather chunky one-piece moulded plastic grip, that puts people off.

Cor blimey Danny - that sounds so good - wish I hadn't sold it now

Orig 6

Pleasure doing business as ever Bob,
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]