Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp Innova

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    short valve with an o ring piston head and longer rod
    stroke was increased a small amount if I had made a new lever I would've been able to inc stroke more but as i'll be fitting a harper .25 barrel to it I think I may end up restricting it to keep under 12
    I did also do something different on the valve to receiver seal and it is an ally receiver not a plastic one
    Where did you get the alloy reciever from?

someone managed to get some that were cnc'd from the mk2 in Indonesia I managed to get a couple

someone managed to get some that were cnc'd from the mk2 in Indonesia I managed to get a couple
    Cool. Have any spares?

Can we still get the whole rifle ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

sorry mate non spare

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Can we still get the whole rifle ?
    They were sold here for a few years (from around 2011-17?) as the Webley Rebel. By all accounts they were pretty rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by ratpellet View Post
    Imo the real attraction of the Innova is the simplicity of design, accuracy, durability and basic functionality and to me its pretty much perfect as it is, no offence to people who want to jazz it up, just my two cents, sometimes you don t need to improve on perfection eek
    I agree. Just brilliant in their original form.
    I'm now comparing the Innova with the Victory.
    Although I think the Victory is great, I prefer the Innova.
    I've never been attracted to Ace's tbh, I find them quite heavy.

Last edited by jirushi; 27-10-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Although I think the Victory is great, I prefer the Innova
    I you want to give the Victory a new home, I'll volunteer
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They were sold here for a few years (from around 2011-17?) as the Webley Rebel. By all accounts they were pretty rubbish.
    Yes, had heard the rebel was pretty shoddy, shame as a missed oppertunty

Yesterday evening whilst reading this Ma7 1982 AGW I saw that John Darling used an Innova too.
    Don't know how often, but a nice photo of a young JD.
    There's yer Galway silencer...

Galway silencer ad from the same mag:

My .177" Victory had a silencer on it when I bought it, it looks like Galway as well.
    Am I right to think that they were more cosmetical than functional? There are no baffles in there.
    It makes a bit of a difference sound wise, but I guess they could have been made to be much quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Galway silencer ad from the same mag:

My .177" Victory had a silencer on it when I bought it, it looks like Galway as well.
    Am I right to think that they were more cosmetical than functional? There are no baffles in there.
    It makes a bit of a difference sound wise, but I guess they could have been made to be much quieter.

Galway were actually very good silencers, they used a material insert, a kind of ‘sonic felt’ I guess you could call it. When you look through it you should see a few stray fibres. Ken Galway used to say that these were pushed out the way by the air in front of the pellet.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    Galway were actually very good silencers, they used a material insert, a kind of ‘sonic felt’ I guess you could call it. When you look through it you should see a few stray fibres. Ken Galway used to say that these were pushed out the way by the air in front of the pellet.

Richard
    Didn't the opposition (Air Logic Whisperer) say that this felt could catch fire (how?) or was that just an advertising strategy.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Didn't the opposition (Air Logic Whisperer) say that this felt could catch fire (how?) or was that just an advertising strategy.
    Well Ian, I don't know anything about conflagrations, I think the visible hairs that were the real issue for Galway, there’s a bit of a tale to tell there actually.

At the Game fair in ’83, on the Airgun World stand Ken Galway was there with a prototype of the Fieldmaster. Me and Dave got chatting to Ken, at the time I was the reigning National Champ for FT, and by the end of the conversation Ken had offered to sponsor me and would let me have the first Fieldmaster available. I was super excited, at that time the Fieldmaster was like something from Star Trek.

A couple of days later, a large box arrived at my home, full of different silencers. Silencers were new to us so I fitted one on my 124 and got stuck into testing.

There was a definite noise reduction but the biggest surprise was the reduction in felt recoil. Accuracy was good but every time I looked up the barrel I could see all these hairs in the line of the bore and I found it really disconcerting. So my Dad heated up a piece of rod and pushed it through the silencer to singe off all the stray pubes.

That week my Uncle Dave was off to Hippenscombe for a days shooting with a certain esteemed beardy Airgun World scribe. Dave discussed our findings with him and some how word got back to Ken. He went postal and that was the end of that.

So thanks very much - you know who you are

I guess the upshot is, I think Galway silencers were very good. Certainly much better than the Whisperer model.

I still have a couple, I just can’t bring myself to use them, (they’re just so, so hairy).

Richard

Looking at an Air Logic ad from 1985 - “NO PLASTIC OR PVC NO COTTON WOOL NO BITS OF WIRE”; instead an “everlasting maintenance-free sound soaking turbulence chamber”.

Or one for the Gowers Phantom - “a unique baffle system which... in field test had shown a marked steering effect on the pellet, improving its ballistic performance, resulting in tighter groupings and overall improved accuracy”.

Both of which were available for the Innova.

I think some of those guys back then were better at writing adverts than they were at actually designing suppressors.

Let’s not even mention the monstrosity that was the Ox Neutraliser.