Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Innova

I have a Innova I'm holding for Louis, I put a couple of shots through with four pumps and it has a hell of a crack without a silencer
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

the adapter with the boss was used with a short silencer with a tapered section which helped align it
    i have one some where along with a galway one
    the biggest problem with them all inc the cnc'd ones that a lad made a year or so ago is that the legs on them that fit into the tube are much shorter than the original part
    i did start to make some and have so far only made the plugs that go in the cylinder maybe this year i'll finish them

I have owned a. 177 Innova for many years, more accurate than its owner.
    The used .22 I bought a couple of years ago came with a silencer and it grouped like a blunderbuss - a 12 inch circle at less than 10 yards and none anywhere near the bull at all.
    Removing the silencer immediately returned it to the usual Sharp accuracy.
    The silencer was given away and I don't recall the manufacturer.
    Personally, I don't find the muzzle report excessive.
    Would love to get hold of a .22 Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    I have owned a. 177 Innova for many years, more accurate than its owner.
    The used .22 I bought a couple of years ago came with a silencer and it grouped like a blunderbuss - a 12 inch circle at less than 10 yards and none anywhere near the bull at all.
    Removing the silencer immediately returned it to the usual Sharp accuracy.
    The silencer was given away and I don't recall the manufacturer.
    Personally, I don't find the muzzle report excessive.
    Would love to get hold of a .22 Ace.
    Was the front end an metal block with sloping straight sides ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I have a Innova I'm holding for Louis, I put a couple of shots through with four pumps and it has a hell of a crack without a silencer
    Looking forward to it! When travelling from Holland is possible again...

@Byronic, I recognise what you write about the Innova's accuracy: amazing.

I've had the opposite with a silencer: an early .22 Mk1 with a silencer that groups like a shotgun without the silencer.
    This silencer is a tapered fit that slides around the barrel and keeps it centered / stable.

I've just resealed this Innova. It is still "flatulent": it often doesn't seal on the first pump.
    Ped advised me that this has to do with a worn valve return spring. Will see if I can replace it with a stronger spring.

This is also a great advantage, compared with the Ace, imo:

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Looking forward to it! When travelling from Holland is possible again...
    You can have a few shots with the Ace if you like

check the pin is sraight and bur free Louis as well
    i like to pump the cylinder out of the breech to ensure the pin returns correctly
    if it does and you still get it farting try giving the trigger a squeeze before pumping if this cures it you have a problem with the pin binding on the release

I remember waiting for the Royal Mail van to turn up with my Innova ,I got it from Uttings
    I think it was about a tenner a month.
    Ah the memories.

Lots of nostalgia with these guns. It's refreshing to see an Innova still wearing it's original sights and foresight hood!

I still have my innova mk2 and ace both bought new in .177, odd thing was that both the boxes have .22 ticked on them though both are .177
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Was the front end an metal block with sloping straight sides ?
    From vague memory it was a matt black cylinder, maybe 4 inches long.

I bought the rifle with no sights at all and it fired beautifully.
    Got it home, fitted a scope and tried it out properly - it still shot well but the accuracy was seriously lacking, no grouping at all.
    My .177 with iron sights was fine so not just me!
    Frustrated I unscrewed the silencer and instant accuracy.
    The muzzle report doesn't bother me.
    Gave the silencer away to a guy looking for one, the screwcut mounting is still on the gun with no issues except ugliness.

My 1st real post (after introduction) so please be patient and go easy on me! I have an Innova in .177 that's marked as per a mk1 but the stock has a sloping forend and there are a number of fine parallel score lines (for grip) in it. What have I got I wonder? A reworked or non standard forend or unusual model? Many questions to come including the well worn plea for a screw adapter for moderator.....thanks

sharp

thinking of shortening presure cylinder ( brass valve body ) hoping to improve efficency, longer stroke into smaller space = more pressure. anyone done this? will it work or will there be too little volume of air . Hoping more lerned members will have answers.

Just completed this Innova rebuild: a very kind member on here, ken69, sent me an original yellow sticker for inside the pump handle ("LUBRICATION: feed motoroil only to three pins").
    I put a scope enhancer on this little eighties Nikko Stirling scope. It does help. And it looks a bit like the Innova in the advert below.

Cheers, Louis

Welcome Topwater it's nice to have another MSP fan. I don't see as many .177 Innovas around.
    It sounds like someone may have modified the pump handle to make it look less like a block of wood. The metal frint pivot/silencer adaptors don't come up for sale often. Im sure if enough of us wanted them we could have some made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater View Post
    My 1st real post (after introduction) so please be patient and go easy on me! I have an Innova in .177 that's marked as per a mk1 but the stock has a sloping forend and there are a number of fine parallel score lines (for grip) in it. What have I got I wonder? A reworked or non standard forend or unusual model? Many questions to come including the well worn plea for a screw adapter for moderator.....thanks