Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sharp Innova

Another stunning Innova, I wish I didn't sell mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Just completed this Innova rebuild: a very kind member on here, ken69, sent me an original yellow sticker for inside the pump handle ("LUBRICATION: feed motoroil only to three pins").
    I put a scope enhancer on this little eighties Nikko Stirling scope. It does help. And it looks a bit like the Innova in the advert below.

Cheers, Louis

Great thread.

Two things that made the Innova so well received were price, and they were light weight. A BSA Mercury or Webley Vulcan MK1 were the closest in price and weight. Half the price of a HW35E or FWB Sport.

Whisper fitted they were very quiet.
    Plinking then pumping lost its appeal. Heck, even a zeroing session was enough. I never got confident just what power I had pumped in, though accuracy at farmyard ranges seemed very good. The lightness had its positives and negatives. So light hard to hold steady, but at least young people could hold it in the aim unsupported.
    Trigger was fine and better than the tough Webleys.
    Maintenance was quite involved and many were messed up from tinkering.

All that pumping didn't work for me, but I can see how someone could be a Jap sniper with one.
    PCP's do it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by hunto View Post
    thinking of shortening presure cylinder ( brass valve body ) hoping to improve efficency, longer stroke into smaller space = more pressure. anyone done this? will it work or will there be too little volume of air . Hoping more lerned members will have answers.
    I think John Bowkett may have done something similar back in the day
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thanks for your welcome and reply Ratbuster. Put me down for an adapter if anyone has the ability to make them

i've made a short valve front before and coupled it with a FTP but only for experimentation as i'm looking into making new flat faced valves so the original piston head can be replaced with a FTP
    afaik Ged did one before me and others may have done so

Here are some more Sharp models.
    I am struggling with resealing the top one: odd seal sizes.
    The thumbhole carbine U-SL is working well now.
    Cheers, Louis

Great collection of Sharps, the boxes look like new too.

Thumbs up

Here's my .177" cal Ace and .22" cal Innova, The Ace was bought as a pressie by my mum back in 1997 from Guns International at Stairfoot, Apparently they managed to secure the last batch to enter our shores!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Nice clean pair John.

I have BSA Lightning my mum bought me around 2000, I'll never sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Here's my .177" cal Ace and .22" cal Innova, The Ace was bought as a pressie by my mum back in 1997 from Guns International at Stairfoot, Apparently they managed to secure the last batch to enter our shores!!

John