Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venom Bavaria and Theoben SLR88 Imperator Carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    As I have said above the BSF marque is and interesting and desirable gun, but it is well shy of the engineering quality of say feinwerkbau or HW or Diana etc. Just my opinion of course and it certainly wouldn't stop me buying another since they are collectable.
    Dave
    Totally agree. They are rather, er, agricultural compared to the other German makes but they still have their character. I admit to being a collector of BSF rifles but even I dont like to '54. To much like the Hungarian Swamp Donkey for my liking.

As I stated earlier, the only tuning I have done is reduce the power. While some examples of the '55 are well capable of going over the legal limit I find they shoot best and most accurate at the 10 ft/lbs mark.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Synthetic seal seems like a good idea, especially since the transfer port looks small. Havent measured mine, but by mo own visual guesstimation they seem to be no larger than 3mm.
    What springs have you been using for servicing?
    That's part of the issue..Time and financial constraints meant that I've put original spring back in cleaned and regressed. The 54 had a particularly bendy spring.
    One of those jobs (amongst others) that I'll get round to one day
    Dave