Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of a mint FWB Sport ....even has ASI sticker.

Mastersport tuning:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    The tune will be de burr, fit, phosphor bronze piston skirt, respring and relube.

A few questions. How long is the barrel? Does the breach pivot pin have a small grub screw fitted? Is the trigger a smooth definite two stage?
    Many thanks RustBuzz for your response.

The barrel is 14 and 3/4 inches long. It does not have a breech pivot pin, a bolt/screw. The trigger is metal, not plastic, it is smooth in operation, I have not made any adjustments to it, I would not say a two stage, just a little pressure and very small movement before the positive release. The whole rifle is smooth to shoot. The breech block is stamped MK2 as per the ASI sicker. The Mastersport sticker is oval in shape with a black background, the Mastersport text is silver, the outer edge border looks to be a metallic green. I have not taking it apart to look inside, being as it is very rarely used and seems good and well, I am reluctant to have a dabble inside at this moment in time.

All the best.....

Spotted at the club last night. AMACs (Andy) FWB Sport, Apel o/p mount, Tasco 2-7x32AG in a custom l/h walnut stock.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Many thanks RustBuzz for your response.

The barrel is 14 and 3/4 inches long. It does not have a breech pivot pin, a bolt/screw. The trigger is metal, not plastic, it is smooth in operation, I have not made any adjustments to it, I would not say a two stage, just a little pressure and very small movement before the positive release. The whole rifle is smooth to shoot. The breech block is stamped MK2 as per the ASI sicker. The Mastersport sticker is oval in shape with a black background, the Mastersport text is silver, the outer edge border looks to be a metallic green. I have not taking it apart to look inside, being as it is very rarely used and seems good and well, I am reluctant to have a dabble inside at this moment in time.

All the best.....
    Sounds like thats the full works you have there my friend. Two stage trigger conversion and barrel shortened from the breach end. Tune as previously described.

A very nice and quite rare rifle.

Richard

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Sounds like thats the full works you have there my friend. Two stage trigger conversion and barrel shortened from the breach end. Tune as previously described.

A very nice and quite rare rifle.

Richard

Richard, how easy is it to remove the barrel from the block ? How is it secured - press, (well hidden) pin, or loctited ?

TIA - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Richard, how easy is it to remove the barrel from the block ? How is it secured - press, (well hidden) pin, or loctited ?

TIA - JB
    There is a cross pin but it is usually visible, it’s also loctited. Once the bond is broken you need a press to push the barrel through the block.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    There is a cross pin but it is usually visible, it’s also loctited. Once the bond is broken you need a press to push the barrel through the block.
    thanks... FWB use a pin + loctite on the 300S; that wasn't too tough, so hopefully the sport will be similar...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Apologies to the original poster regarding my additional query. And, thanks to those who took time to reply most informatively to my FWB 127 question. A most interesting thread.

All the best to all.

What a reply....there clearly is still great interest in the FWB stable !.....I have enjoyed reading thanks guys....carry on please.