Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omega

I spoke to the buyer of a Venom underlever,he'd bid £1200,having arrived at the sale last minute he didn't realise there were fees to pay on top.
    That was in 2007.
    Last edited by piggy589; 01-11-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    I spoke to the buyer of a Venom underlever,he'd bid £1200,having arrived at the sale last minute he didn't realise he had fees to pay on top.
    That was in 2007.
    Ouch indeed.

Venomega

Mach 1.5 has very kindly looked at some pics of the rifles insides and confirmed it's Venom.

I don't feel so bad now as I was a bit apprehensive.

The missus has no idea otherwise I'd have earache for the next few weeks.
    Last edited by Brano; 31-05-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Venom

A good buy. Finish it off with a proper omega sportsmatch mounts and a venom scope, oh and some old eley wasps. ENJOY. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    A good buy. Finish it off with a proper omega sportsmatch mounts and a venom scope, oh and some old eley wasps. ENJOY. Mach 1.5

I've loads of old Eleys in .177 and will pick up a SM mount. Have to keep an eye open for a Venom scope now.

Thanks again

Good score. Really good score.

I withdraw my earlier scepticism.

Tip for auctioneers. If advertising a Venom, show pictures of the Venom stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brano View Post
    I've always wanted a Venom rifle and live in York. Had a look yesterday taking the stock off and the internals aren't Webley.
    Yep I bought it. Grand total of £673

It's shoots as smooth as silk having fired 5 shots through it.
    Coming to bits tonight as it's not been used for a long time.

It has Venom stickers on the mod and chamber. The butt pad is Parker Hale which I believe is as it should be.

From doing lots of research it appears to be a Venomega Hunter with a 1984 price of £262.

I'm no expert on these and it would be appreciated if someone can take a look at some pics of the internals to let me know if if it is genuine.

Cheers
    Nice one, well bought.

Venom

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good score. Really good score.

I withdraw my earlier scepticism.

Tip for auctioneers. If advertising a Venom, show pictures of the Venom stickers.
    When I took a look at it the day before they said they'd had the most enquiries about it than any other item and were surprised at the interest in it.

I was surprised the seller didn't put it in a firearms auction rather than just a collectables one. If it weren't for the internet it probably would have sold for the 150 to 200 estimate.

Venom

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    Nice one, well bought.
    Cheers , I've been cleaning it for hours

When I took a look at it the day before they said they'd had the most enquiries about it than any other item and were surprised at the interest in it.

I was surprised the seller didn't put it in a firearms auction rather than just a collectables one. If it weren't for the internet it probably would have sold for the 150 to 200 estimate.
    Yes, the good old days (only ten years ago!) when you could find genuine bargains in general auctions, car boots, junk shops, local paper small ads...

I would like to retract my earlier statement, and say congratulations on a great find. Every rifle I get from auction is never as good as I think it is, so maybe the lesson here is for me not to bother with them. After the next one anyway...

It struck me that the owner might no longer be with us,and the gun was part of a personal effects house clearance lot.

Just a thought.