Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shall i return to springer? whats your views

Shall i return to springer? whats your views

What are your views on pcp's versus springer?
    After owning springers over the years and then switching to pcp i suddenly find myself missing the old springer. I really don't know why this has happened but just lately i am having thoughts on getting rid of the s410 k and switching back to spring guns hw80 or the AA TX 200. Any of you guy's get the same feelings or are you still all in love with your pre-charged guns.
    Don't get me wrong though the AA S410k is a lovely gun and i have had a lot more in the bag since owning it...but needless to say i still get this urge to go back to basics....

Easy... shoot both..! I've got 2 S400s, and a TX200.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

karve360 Guest
    Thats exactly what I am going to do, I just enjoy springers more.

pcp/springer

That's the problem i think..i enjoy the springer the most. It's not a case of having 1 of each....argh

BEESA Guest
    Well i have a falcon fn12 light hunter and a aa tx200hc , and to be honest im a better shot with the falcon but i just cant leave the tx alone the poor old falcon has not been out in ages the thing is with a springer they make you work harder to acheive better results and ooooooooo the buzz you get with that recoiling action so as you guessed i think your dead right in going on to springers .
    Don .....

I have a S310 .22 FAC, Titan .177, I have bought my 14 year old lad a S400 .177, and my Lovely Pro Elite .22 FAC. The gun I just love to shoot of all of them is the Pro Elite, just so much fun. As has already been said on here, shoot both, you know it makes sense .
    ex blue job

partime outlaw Guest
    Spring guns allow for you to tune to a higher order without to much expense and with experience it becomes as satisfying as the shot itself, knowing you made the difference can add an intangible value.

Lets face it, the S410k will always be a more accurate, clinical and efficient hunting tool than any springer. I think you'd be making a big mistake if you got rid of it for a springer.

On the other hand, I'm very familiar with the buzz you get from getting results from a springer - if it were me I'd keep the S410 and invest in a TX200 as well

Arrow

What can we say to help? The obvious advice is to own both but if that isn't possible for the moment, don't lose money by flogging your S410K! PCP's-especially Air Arms because there are so many about- depreciate faster than good springers so don't do it that way. Keep the 410K and look to buy a good springer on here when you can afford it. A clubmate of mine bought a beautiful, tuned HW95 for only £120 and it is as good as most air rifles I have ever shot regardless of the money- or time- spent on tuning..
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by theboymike
    Lets face it, the S410k will always be a more accurate, clinical and efficient hunting tool than any springer.
    Cant agree with you here mate on the accuracy.

I would go as far to say its down to the Person using it really!
    Harv
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Hi, all I shoot is springers, I've owned a couple of PCPs (Falcon fn12 & Webley Raider) but just keep coming back to a springer, I find the simplicity of them just makes them easier to shoot and own.

I say go for a springer or a gasram (which I might try soon) at least you know your never far from an air supply (it's all around you).

Good luck if you choose to accept this mission. you know the rest. ( I don't really know why I just said that).

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    Easy... shoot both..! I've got 2 S400s, and a TX200.

Gus
    Like Gus said, get both pcp and springer, noticed a deffinite swing back towards springers at the moment, whether this trend continues remains to be seen, i know enjoyed shooting my springers again. If cash is a problem, then the springer will be a lot cheaper, no charging gear.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Sniper 296 Guest
    If you were to have one gun,

and could afford to get a bottle etc and have somewhere near by to re-fill, I would say get a PCP...

But if I could have two, then defo one of each, after a while PCP's will get boring, cos' of having no recoil

baxterbasics Guest
    I went retro last night at Cobham-i playe dwith my GML-great,very satisfying-but the smile on my face when i knocked over targets at 45m with my open sighted hw77-"cheshire cat" springs to mind

Burts.22 Guest
    There is no easy answer to your question.
    I was shooting with a springer for years, HW97K Venom 12 ft/lbs kit inside,
    shooting FT with reasonably good results.
    Then I made a switch to PCP and could not get the same results with a PCP as with the old springer.
    So I switched back to the HW97K, but that did not worked again.
    Finally I sold the springer and decided the shoot only the PCP.
    It was for me like learning to shoot again.
    In my opinion, well at least I think that it works for me, you should shoot with only one rifle, being spring OR pcp.
    If you can switch between pcp and springer and are getting good results on both types, ok, go ahead.
    I can't, so I had to make a choice.
    You know what they say; Beware of the one-rifle man!

Best regards,
    Burts.22