Thread: Moulded Grip Model 6 in manufacturers foam box with lid and wooden carry case.

Moulded Grip Model 6 in manufacturers foam bo with lid and wooden carry case. SOLD

SOLDI bought a .177 Model 6 recoilless match pistol some time ago, it was in the manufacturers original blue foam moulded tray/box and still had the clear moulded lid/cover too! The previous owner had also made and fitted a wooden carry case around this factory packaging, and this wooden case is probably the only reason why it has survived intact since it was made in 1978 as this moulded foam is known to pull apart and snap easily - and is why so few have survived !

The pistol is probably just about as good as it is possible to get condition wise, but like a lot of these Giss powered models from the same time period - the manufacturers did not know as much about plastics technology as they do now and the seals had rotted to sludge inside the cylinder and needed changing. Surprisingly, the lack of use would have done nothing to help this !

New modern replacement seals are much better than the factory fitted originals and should last much longer too. All three mainsprings were also changed at the same time and the pistol was rebuilt with all new internal components by the GissMaster himself -Dave Mercer and so the pistol now is probably just about as good an example as it is possible to find anywhere.

The recent thread about collectors selling for a profit made me smile as I remember how much this pistol me cost to buy, and then the cost of having it stripped and rebuilt with new seals and three mainsprings making it impossible to recoup the cost never mind the time and effort and postage incurred !

Following my 70th birthday the pressure to reduce my airgun collection has hardly been relaxed (!) and so I continue to part with some of my most treasured examples - including this Model 6 that may possibly be one of the very best that anyone is likely to find for sale anywhere - and the price is far less than it cost be to buy and restore!

I have just listed this pistol in the secondhand sales section and will add the link here, but I doubt such a fine example will be fully appreciated by anyone other than fellow collectors who know just how hard it is to find almost mint and near perfect examples of the moulded grip Model 6 pistols like this.SOLD
    Last edited by zooma; 03-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Model 6

I will take this please

This Model 6 has been SOLD
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.