Thread: Advice please TITAN rifle identification

Advice please TITAN rifle identification

Hi there, being a long term collector of early guns and old springers I never had much interest in PCP, which leave me a little lacking in knowledge of them.
    I got involved in a bit of a trade with a pre war BSA through a friend, with someone who was offering a nice Weihrauch in p /ex. Today I got to see the Rifle and could see that it was not any Weihrauch that I'd ever seen, it's clearly in nice condition, a good quality Walnut stocked, single pump PCP, with little in the way of identifying marks other than an almost invisible sticker with the name TRITON. I assume that it's an example of the rifles designed by John Bowkett but having looked at some photo's online am still not sure which model it is.
    Any help will be appreciated as I'm in a position of having to let him know soon. I quite like the look of it and feel as if I should take it.

Another thing, It has only a telescopic sight, did they come with any open sights when new?

https://ibb.co/album/nzFjVa
    Last edited by mel h; 01-11-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Hi there, being a long term collector of early guns and old springers I never had much interest in PCP, which leave me a little lacking in knowledge of them.
    I got involved in a bit of a trade with a pre war BSA through a friend, with someone who was offering a nice Weihrauch in p /ex. Today I got to see the Rifle and could see that it was not any Weihrauch that I'd ever seen, it's clearly a good quality Walnut stocked, single pump PCP, with little in the way of identifying marks other than an almost invisible sticker with the name TRITON, in nice condition. I assume that it's an example of the rifles designed by John Bowkett but having looked at some photo's online an still not sure which model it is.
    Any help will be appreciated as I'm in a position of having to let him know soon. I quite like the look of it and feel as if I should take it.

Another thing, It has only a telescopic sight, did they come with any open sights when new?

https://ibb.co/album/nzFjVa
    Hi Mel

You have a Titan Mohawk single stroke pneumatic.

All the best Mick

Thank you Mick, now I can do a bit of research.

Thank you Mick, now I can do a bit of research.
    Price wise, Mel, I'd give about £275 for a walnut one.

I have one in Walnut and one in beech, there should be a thread showing them on here somewhere.

Edit :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....35#post7464735

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 01-11-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks for the advice. It's mine now. I'm impressed by the overall quality and am looking forward to giving at a try later today, I'm sure that my right arm needs some exercise.

Am I right in assuming that they didn't have an option of open sights when new?
    Last edited by mel h; 02-11-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Am I right in assuming that they didn't have an option of open sights when new?
    When they were shown on release in Airgunworld there was no open sight option, Mel, and I've never seen one fitted with opens.

All the best Mick