Thread: s200 air cylinder extension

phil w Guest

s200 air cylinder extension

i have bought a 28mm peice of hydralic pipe tested at 6000 psi and need someone to thread both ends for air fill and peice that screws in to gun this wiil be about 4 inch longer than standerd cylinder should give more shots please leave number so i can contact u phil w

b4bob Guest

nice idea but....

This sounds to easy to be a good idea as compressed gas (air) is very iffy to mess with. Have you priced another cylinder? I believe that the cylinder has the vale gear etc so different cylinders may produce slightly different powers. Although it seems odd have you tried running at 175bar fill. The lower pressure allows your first few shots to be upto speed. If you fill to 190 the pressure can work against the valve gear and actually reduce the power for the first few shots. As an aside have you any experince with slings on an S200. I'm not to certain about the forestock.

phil w Guest

s200

bob the idea of makeing the cylinder 4 inch longer is to get more air volume. it will be filled to 190 bar max so valve should still open the same

Bob... a friend fitted a sling to his S200, but took it off 'cos he was convinced the tension was flexing the fore end, and affecting his zero.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

b4bob Guest
    I see what your getting at, but any machining will create a weakspot (especially threads) and you should have the new reservoir setup pressure tested to make certain it is safe.
    The 190 bar fill may actually work against power/accuarcy as the first few shots may actually be at a lower energy as the 190 bar makes opening the valve harder so it opens less. After a few shots, as pressure nears 180-175bar you will be nearing the sweet spot of the powercurve. Less shot per fill overall but more at the same energy, at around your peak, so more accurate shooting. Or so I'm told.

Even assuming that the new cylinder is only filled to the usual recommended pressure (I fill my S200 to 165 Bar - seems about right) I would have thought that the problem would have been with clearance at the muzzle end - how would a 4" longer cylinder fit underneath the silencer. I find it quite fiddly using a quickfill connector without scratching the underside of the silencer.

I've seen this mod done with a cylinder extension made from a Firefly cylinder.
    The work was carried out by a reputable airgun manufacturer who shall remain nameless (not AA). The mod works well but I'm not sure of the extra number of shots.

The advantage must be marginal i.e. refill after 40 shots or 50.
    I think this mod has to come under the "I can do it so I did" rather than any practical aspect.

ATB
    Ray.