A while back I bought a replica No32 MK2 scope from the States. (Numrich).This was a complete kit with bracket and mounts which I managed to fit to my 1944 No4 MK 1/2 Lee Enfield. I was really happy with the result as it looked the part and I could shoot it without wearing out an original rare historic No4 T.
No Matter how I tried I could not get it to group. Eventually I gave up and fitted a modern scope on a no gunsmithing mount and did some load development. Best group was 2.5 MOA, more than acceptable for a 75 year old rifle I thought.
Back with the No32 replica it still would not group. It was the scope not holding zero. I bought a couple of books on these scopes and the pulled the replica apart. Although it is marked and sold as a MK2 the internals have no anti-backlash springs. This was the problem with the MK 1 scope which lead to the MK2 being introduced.
Looking at the range drum it is built as a MK1 scope having detents at range intervals rather than evenly spaced as on the MK 2. It seems that a MK1 scope was copied but labelled as a MK2. I then bought a genuine No4 T with MK2 scope, fitted with the later anti-backlash springs. It holds zero perfectly on my replica rifle. Optically it is actually a tad better than the replica which amazed me given that it is 75 years old.
Does anyone know of a person/company who could do something with the replica scope by way of installing anti-backlash springs? Otherwise this replica is really only any good as a re-enactment prop. Obviously my experience has only been with this one example, has anyone had a better experience with replica No32 scopes?