Thread: Meteor tuning kit

Meteor tuning kit

Does anyone do a tuning kit for the BSA super meteor, spring,delrin guide etc?

You will struggle with a Delrin guide as it is locked in under spring tension you would be better having a well fitted steel one made.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    You will struggle with a Delrin guide as it is locked in under spring tension you would be better having a well fitted steel one made.
    Chambers do a nylon spring guide and top hat, but it's not great. Even with their Meteor spring, it doesn't fit very well and the spring guide base would not sit properly on the spring retaining pin.

I ended up having a set made by a certain "engineer" on a certain auction site. Although I thought it was good stuff first, the spring guide broke very quickly. Not recommended. Send me a pm if you want further details.

Then I came in touch with Mr Paul Short. Well, he's ace. Kind, very good, fast, not expensive.
    I sent him a spring, piston, spring retaining pin, original spring guide and washer.
    He made a very well fitting delrin spring guide, top hat, a piston liner, machined the outside of the spring to work well with the liner. And shortened the spring on my request.
    The result is very good. Highly recommended. Make sure you mention that top hat needs to have a hole in the center (send the piston head too).
    Works spot on.

I am not sure if Vortek do a kit for them, I know they supply an excellent spring from the USA.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks very much chaps, useful information as usual.

The steel spring guide from the BSA Supersport can be fitted if you open the hole in the steel washer that fits over the guide.
    The supersport guide is a much better fit in the meteor spring than the original guide.