Thread: .22 Eley Wasp in a mauve tin

.22 Eley Wasp in a mauve tin

Hi all, hope this is in the right place... I have read some wild stories on the value of blue (.22) and red (.177) Eley wasp pellets, even empty tins are being sold for a fiver on the bay!. My question is, whats the popularity on the .22 pellets in the mauve or purple tins? . I read somewhere its to do with the skirt size being the reason for the different colour tins, maybe someone here would no the difference and any potential value compared to the blue tins? Thanks for any input.

Red tins (.177) are not worth any more than their marked price, as .177 has always been just that, .177. Purple tins are .22 5.5mm and are also not worth anything more than their marked price. Probably less, because they're a crap pellet anyway. The light blue tins (which must say Eley Wasp, not just Wasp) command higher prices because they are .22 5.6mm pellets which are the size required by older British made guns. The old Eley Wasps are well made and good quality, the new Wasps are not generally that good.

They can sell for stupid prices on auction sites, I've seen BSA Pylarm .22 being asked £60 a tin for recently. Time some pellet manufacturer started producing decent quality 5.6mm pellets to stop the nonsense, they'd certainly have a large market in this country - but whether that's enough, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio54 View Post
    Hi all, hope this is in the right place... I have read some wild stories on the value of blue (.22) and red (.177) Eley wasp pellets, even empty tins are being sold for a fiver on the bay!. My question is, whats the popularity on the .22 pellets in the mauve or purple tins? . I read somewhere its to do with the skirt size being the reason for the different colour tins, maybe someone here would no the difference and any potential value compared to the blue tins? Thanks for any input.
    Well the blue is 5.6mm so true .22 and the purple is 5.5 mm

£10/£15 per tin if full or almost for both -ish.

If the pellets are nice.

That's my experience anyway..

Eley

Thanks for the input guys, at least I now know where I am with them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Well the blue is 5.6mm so true .22 and the purple is 5.5 mm

£10/£15 per tin if full or almost for both -ish.

If the pellets are nice.

That's my experience anyway..
    if you know for any full unopened tins at £15 per tin of the original wasps id buy as many as they have! most have been opened and filled with the new wasps and sold on as original ones. i know several people who have been caught that way. but if you can point me to the £15/tin original wasps id be greatful and i will buy all they have!

Eley

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    if you know for any full unopened tins at £15 per tin of the original wasps id buy as many as they have! most have been opened and filled with the new wasps and sold on as original ones. i know several people who have been caught that way. but if you can point me to the £15/tin original wasps id be greatful and i will buy all they have!
    Wilba, messaged you....