Thread: Quirky Artemis SR900S

Quirky Artemis SR900S

Snowpeak seem to bring out new designs on a regular basis. This side-lever spring rifle is the first SR900S I have handled. 7 shot mag in .22, or fit the slide in magnetic single shot tray. The barrel is extra long at 22 inches, it probably isn't choked, haven't checked yet but I would lop 10 inches off, you don't need it for leverage. With the long barrel it is very quiet, but you can remove the brass thread cover and fit silencer supplied in kit. 3 mags supplied which are stored on fore end. Chrony says 11.3 ft.lb.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 21-12-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Remove pics
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi how accurate is this gun as some have said that the mag doesnt allow for good feeding and shots go awry... Is this the case as I'm interested in getting one, but if the gun couldn't hit pennies regular at 30 yards of a bench its not going to be for me.

It looks a good rugged design, but couldn't find any fettling of the gun on the web unfortunately as Chinese guns tend to come over greased but power seems good.

Any thoughts or quick review would be very much appreciated.

Atb

Neil54 on here has posted on fettling these on the UKCAF

Thanks PMCapitalBee appreciated I'll see if i can find it as i would expect it needs a little fettling for consistency.

Any thoughts anyone on the mag and accuracy also...

Google here i come.

Atb

John Milewski did a short test report.

https://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/new...ader-1-6266386
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Ive been quite interested in this gun too. I totally agree it Looks like it could be a prime candidate for a shorter barrel and maybe some wood. Looking forward to seeing more on it but somehow i feel like there wont be much uptake could go either way I guess.

Well i eventually picked one up, it is a good rifle to hold in the hand. I didnt put a silencer in it, I used a metal shroud and end air disperser with a foam "silencer" and it feels much shorter and compact like a bullpup now.

The set up is pretty quiet and the mag is similar to the rapid types with the 1st pellet going in from the mag front though and just winds back and put pellets in as usual.

The mag holders on mine weren't up to much as the mags kept falling out. So i bought a .4mm sticky back magnetic sheet and cut it to fit. Now the mags are very solid in the holders and work as they should.

Accuracy on a seated bench set up its very accurate out to 45 yards about a ten pence grouping, free standing 30 yards maybe the same with a possible flyer.

Its good enough for most vermin shooting. Cocking is very good and not difficult, mags rotate well with no issues.

Although once at the end of the mag the gun is cocked so you have to load another mag to shoot that cocked gun. Its a bit of a pain but not a deal breaker.

Its not that expensive and you get a lot for your coin. Its a plinker all day and a good teacher for kids on springers cause it looks tactical so keeps their interest.

Happy with mine and have shot it quite a bit since owning, cant be bad.

Atb

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is there any info out there on trigger adjustment, the trigger is basic but 2 stage. However the pull on mine isn't crisp or subtle, I'm not expecting great things but I reckon it'll help group size.😁

There is only one screw hole or pin hole I can see under the trigger unit, no allen key fits the hole hence I think it's a compressed roll pin, but it's small so hard to see, but I can't see any grub screws or way to adjust it. It may need to be stripped to adjust but there's nothing I can see whilst it's in the stock to adjust.

If anyone has any experience or advise it would be much appreciated. The link on the strip and tune is down so unfortunately there's nothing to gleam from it.

Any help appreciated.

Atb

I modified the trigger to give greater leverage and thus a lighter pull.
    Have a look on the uk Chinese airgun forum.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Hi Neil54 many thanks for the heads up, I did a Google search but couldnt pick it up, could I have a link either via pm or here if possible please.

Thanks for your help on this.

Atb