Thread: Airsporter RB2 tune

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    It might even be around the 30/31mm mark, I remember stripping one many years ago and the piston came out the main body tube without having to remove the maxi grip rail (which you can't do with the Superstar), the pistons seem to be different (according to Chambers) but the piston seals are the same part number for the Supersport/star and Goldie, which means 29mm, so the inner compression tube must add a couple of millimetres to the total.

Pete
    yeah, I meant the actuall compression tube, so 29mm makes sense. must be at least 1mm wall, so 31mm ID for the action tube, which in turn would be at least 1.5mm wall, so 34mm OD at a guess ? Big beastie.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Well I was toying with the idea of sleeving down my Eclipse cylinder, that's something like 30mm id, and I have a spare piston to use, does anyone know of a good source for the tubing? If someone can make them to my dimensions that would be even better.

I'm also at the point where the piston I have for my RB2 is going to get cannibalised for bits to make a new piston using a spare Superxxxx piston, a lot of drilling, swearing and things being thrown across the shed.......

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i use various matal suppliers on e6ay. seamless hydro tubing.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.