Thread: Airsporter RB2 tune

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Fitted as standard to every HW35, you know that Pete? That's the beauty of a 35, no need for a lathe...
    From what I've been reading, you just need a bucket load of Loctite.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    From what I've been reading, you just need a bucket load of Loctite.

Pete
    Only required on SOME of the older ones, Pete, and a relatively easy fix.
    Last edited by TonyL; 23-11-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Only required on SOME of the older ones, Pete, and a relatively easy fix.
    Still shouldn't have to be done though Tone, the same as what goes on with the 99.

Everyone always bangs on about German quality, I can understand the odd one or two but not the amount that get reported.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Still shouldn't have to be done though Tone, the same as what goes on with the 99.

Everyone always bangs on about German quality, I can understand the odd one or two but not the amount that get reported.

Pete
    German quality .....have you driven a Vauxhall/Opel car
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    German quality .....have you driven a Vauxhall/Opel car
    Yes my Grandad had a Viva HC

Pete

Thumbs up

Yes my Grandad had a Viva HC

Pete
    One of the last vauxhalls actually made in the uk .....as opposed to just bolt the things together yes I load robots for a living at vauxhalls luton
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Pete
    Accepted, Pete.

But I still love 'em!

And they're a joy to work on compared to many other guns.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Accepted, Pete.

But I still love 'em!

And they're a joy to work on compared to many other guns.
    Ask Pete about the nut on the back block of his BSA Mercury, I dare you.

That tale is the airgun equivalent of one of Kafka's short stories. It has a happy ending though, but not until you have experienced despair and existential anguish beyond your darkest imaginings.

It's a tribute to Pete's moral courage and infinite patience that he did not just go barmy and batter it to death with a sledge-hammer or chop it up with an angle-grinder. I think I would have.

That tale is the airgun equivalent of one of Kafka's short stories. It has a happy ending though, but not until you have experienced despair and existential anguish beyond your darkest imaginings.

It's a tribute to Pete's moral courage and infinite patience that he did not just go barmy and batter it to death with a sledge-hammer or chop it up with an angle-grinder. I think I would have.
    Hee hee hee! Yes, I read about him having to chop one off!

Engineering excellence at its best, eh? And this is often touted as one of BSA's better guns! This one of mine looks like it hasn't had much use and also exhibits some signs of Pete's other love.....cocking lever galling! The metal slipper plate that lives under the cocking link retainer / forend screw bracket is showing definite signs. And also a bit on the cylinder just ahead of the start of the cocking slot. None of it a problem and easily sorted, though.

Battering it to death could come to mine if it doesn't want to play nice. Or I could just put it back together, pop a new breech seal in, hope it works okay and go and trade it in for a nice, trusty HW.

Hee hee hee! Yes, I read about him having to chop one off!

Engineering excellence at its best, eh? And this is often touted as one of BSA's better guns! This one of mine looks like it hasn't had much use and also exhibits some signs of Pete's other love.....cocking lever galling! The metal slipper plate that lives under the cocking link retainer / forend screw bracket is showing definite signs. And also a bit on the cylinder just ahead of the start of the cocking slot. None of it a problem and easily sorted, though.

Battering it to death could come to mine if it doesn't want to play nice. Or I could just put it back together, pop a new breech seal in, hope it works okay and go and trade it in for a nice, trusty HW.
    It needs plenty of grease on the slipper plate and cocking slide area Tone, if you can't get it apart mate then send it to me and I'll hit it with a big hammer for you, I'll be happy to have a go at stripping it for you if you can't get it apart.

Pete

Considering the amount of Mercs and 'sporters I've stripped down over the years that was the only one I've ever had problems with, believe me I've lost my temper with things in the past, I once beat the living shit out of a snap on ratchet because it wouldn't click round when I was laying under the car with my finger holding on a nut in an awkward angle, it got thrown across the garage put in the vice and beaten to an inch of it's life with the biggest hammer I could find and then cut in half, I felt so much better afterwards

Oh and once the spinning end block was of the cylinder, it did get a good hiding but just cutting it off was therapeutic in itself, that was a problem rifle from the start because the piston head was also stuck in the cylinder and had to be beaten out with a long thin screw driver down the transfer port, I'm surprised I didn't give up on guns altogether after that one.

Pete