Now, I don’t have many good ideas but one did occur to me the other day, so I sent a suggestion to Terry at AGW. To my amazement he also thought it credible and has decided to try and make it happen. Terry, immediately swung into action and published my hapless ramblings in his editorial in the December edition.

For the few deranged souls that don’t ‘AGW’ every month I have enclosed a copy of my note below:

Hey Mr Doe,

How’s tricks? I Hope all is well with you and yours.

It occurs to me that FT is 40 years old next year, I think that this is something that should be celebrated.

Can I make a suggestion? As FT was started by Airgun World, how about an AGW FT shoot with a difference? How about making it in the original format?
- 6 lanes of 5 targets
- Shot against the clock - 90 seconds per lane for single shots, maybe 60 seconds for magazine loaders, 30 for semi autos?
- position determined by the target, targets behind bales for standing shots, targets down tunnels for prone etc, etc
- first lane is the chrono

Then add the side shoots
- speed shoot
- team speed shoot
- dump shoot. These used to be amazing shooting weighted plastic decoys, on scarecrows, buckets etc
- long range
- moving target

Perhaps stage it at one of the Bisley ranges over the August bank holiday weekend?

What do you think? I would happily volunteer to help out in any way needed.

Best Regards

Richard

So, what do you chaps think?