Thread: NSRA consultation on membership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is unfortunate that there are two threads running on this and that has stalled the debate.
    Whilst it is true that in some sports, club membership requires organisational membership that is not always true. In the case of shooting, there are so many disciplines that there are several organisations and many shooters feel that NSRA only focusses on certain aspects and neglects others. Neglect of FT was one of NSRAs biggest mistakes.
    This proposal has perturbed many club shooters because they feel they might suddenly have to pay fees to an organisation that does not cater for them and is using the fees to prop up a declining body. Volunteer club officials will have another admin burden and some tense meetings to explain this to members. I have always found the admin staff at NSRA to be helpful and their two ranges are good but I think it lost its way and the proposal is not the best way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    It is unfortunate that there are two threads running on this and that has stalled the debate.
    With that in mind, both threads are now merged into this one with a redirect from the FT section directly to this thread.

Hope this helps ?

All the best Mick

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    True, the debate has stalled. I've lost interest as my request for people to identify their relationship with the NSRA has been ignored along with my comment above.

Reading everyone's comments it appears there's an awful lot of history and the financial problems of the NSRA are not the responsibility of the shooting public at large.

The comment that all other sports support a representing body is nonsense and the proposer of the suggestion hasn't replied with any argument to support it. I'm all for facts, but arguments being bandied about need to be accurate.

I'm out of the debate from here on in. It's a no from me and if it goes ahead someone, from one of the clubs will find alternative insurance arrangements and that will be the opening of the gate. I doubt this proposal will do much good for the financial position of the NSRA.

Also, bear in mind that the majority of people involved in the running of clubs are volunteers. We don't need any further administrative tasks imposed upon us.

Dave

Dave
    Smell my cheese