Thread: NSRA consultation on membership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very interesting.

*noted my error*
    Last edited by Zomboid; 05-12-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    At Bisley the ranges next door/the NSRA have often threatened to "take" the sponsors range away so they can expand their own ranges.
    I don't know what that means but I fear you may be confusing the NRA and NSRA.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmers View Post
    I don't know what that means but I fear you may be confusing the NRA and NSRA.
    You are right - I just realised this! I will amend my post.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Perhaps NRSA should have it's own clubs?

I think it's wrong to force membership of it over and above your normal club fees, and think many people would have to question if having their club affiliated to NSRA is even necessary. In doing this I think they will simply loose a lot of clubs who will not want to force this on their members, in many cases effectively doubling their current fees. Individuals who want to support NRSA and be involved in it's shoots should have a choice to do so at their own expense.

I don't do FAC, just air rifles, and I'm a member of 2 clubs. The fact I don't even know if they are affiliated means I'd have no problem them cancelling any connection with NRSA.

I think NRSA need to stop trying to force membership and ask why people do not want to join - that would be the sensible thing to do - understand the problem, find the cause, address the cause, and review the results.

Make NRSA attractive and recruite new blood - that's what we do in the real world of business
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

For me, I only shoot air rifles and, have no real interest of going FAC.
    The majority of my shooting is done on permissions, for which I am a BASC member. I was a member of a local club but, because I can't get down there as often as I would like, I now just pay a day fee when I can go.

I'm certainly not interested in paying for a mandatory membership to NSRA - they may well be having financial difficulties but, that's for them to sort out, maybe new leadership will take them in a new direction so that they can attract new members.

All of the above.