Thread: Anshutz 54 Match Rifle Year 1969 Adjustment hole in stock

Anshutz 54 Match Rifle Year 1969 Adjustment hole in stock

I bought this rifle a while back in great condition.
    It's a single shot .22 LR.
    There is a small hole with trigger adjustment inside.
    I have removed the stock but before I change anything trigger wise. Just exactly what does this do on the trigger.
    Many thanks
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

It depends upon which model trigger is fitted, the 1411-U2 or the 1407-U9. If you google: anschutz u9 trigger adjustment you will come up with the instructions for both. Many people replaced the U2 with the U9.

Rutty

Cheers Rutty.
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Rimfirecentral info thanks to Rutty

You can adjust this trigger to about 2-oz. this us how I adjust this trigger-
    first use a snap cap or spent shell casing in the chamber( to prevent dinging the chamber).
    adjust the take up screw the conical shaped one right in front of the trigger access it thru the hole in the trigger guard. turn it clockwise about 2-complete turns. to add take up.

then adjust the weight of pull screw ( the one that can be accessed thru the hole in the side of the stock).turn this screw counter-clockwise to lighten pull weight. turn the screw to a point where when you try and cock the bolt it will not catch, at this point turn it about a 1/4 turn clock-wise or till the bolt will catch and stay cocked. now adjust the take up screw( turn counter clock-wise) till the bolt will not catch, again turn it clock-wise till the bolt will catch and stay cocked
    at this point you can fine tune it by making very small adjustments. I check function by cycling the bolt hard to make sure it will not un-cock
    this should get you to the let-off weight you want.

Lee
    Designer of BASC Logo