Thread: RIP John Whiscombe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another genius lost his marvels of engineering were also stunning as well. Rip jw. Your engineering genius
    Will live on through your creations.

John Whiscombe

Having had the privilege of meeting and knowing him, this news has left me gutted.
    RIP.

I met John many times at the FT courses in the 80's, a great man.
    RIP John

My sincere condolences to John's family and all who knew him.

It seems only like yesterday that John could regularly be seen at some of the field target shoots I attended, which were some 20 years ago now. John was always approachable and ready to offer advice to anyone that approached him.

Rest in peace John.

John M

All the great old guys with skill and ingenuity are passing on. Classic bike and car restorers, radical airgun design builders etc., A lot of these chaps went through a proper apprenticeship in various types of machining and engineering. I appreciate all that I was taught at the apprentice school at Vauxhall in Luton, it put me in good stead for future work in design and engineering. I fear that we may see less of these type of guys in future years as people prefer to get educated in more types of paper shuffling and computer technology, lets hope not.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Brilliant man, R.I.P.!

A great loss to our airgunning world!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

It was my pleasure to know John. Visited him several times, and spent time shooting in his back garden. Much talk of cider making, politics as well as airgunning. He was an absolute gentleman. And I am so deeply saddened to hear of his passing. My heart goes out to his family. Bye for now JW.
    https://www.walnut.black

RIP John Whiscombe

Very sad news indeed , a true airgunsmith and visionary, I met him in 1989 when I ordered my JW50 Mk1 (£650) I’ve recently sold my JW50 Mk2 FB , superb rifles and worth every penny they command .
    Goodbye Mr Whiscombe 🙏🏻

What terrible news, he was a true gentleman, was honoured to have known him for over thirty years.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but have been fortunate enough to have handled and tried a couple of examples of his engineering masterpieces.

Another of the greats gone.

Very sad news and my condolences to family and all who knew him.

R.I.P.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!