Thread: No.2 (5.6mm) pellets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No.2 (5.6mm) pellets

I'm scratching my head a bit on this one. Defiant Vintage and Wasp pellets are still in 5.6mm. Is the boxed Marksman pellet still 5.6mm and are there any other options?

The 5.6mm Marksman are still available. Hefty premium over 5.5 versions when I last compared them. I am not aware of any other 5.6's although I am curious about Bulldogs.
    Pellets that shoot ok in 5.6mm barrels: RWS Superdome, Superfield and Hobby. For me at least.
    Pellets that fit well in 5.6mm barrels: H&N FTT.
    As an aside: new 5.6mm Wasps are the best pellets so far in my SMK CP2.

What Drew said.

Also, this thread may help.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-5-6mm-Pellets

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I noticed that Air Arms .22 pellets go well through my tap loader Airsporter and they also went well through my Challenger barrel but I'm not sure if that is an old style BSA 5.6 barrel or not? they go very well through the .22 Lightning barrel I've just fitted but that is a newer one, so most probably a 5.5, I did notice that H&N FTT where very tight in the Lightnings bore, so they may be worth a try, I think because the Air Arms pellets have soft skirts, they form to the barrel and make a tighter fit.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 31-12-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

H&N FTT 5.53 were a nice fit in my mercury S but didn't group that well Superdomes were the best. My Airsporter S loves the ftt though. The only other pellets I have tried are hobbies. Interesting about the aa field from Pete though, might give them a try when I get some more.

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    H&N FTT 5.53 were a nice fit in my mercury S but didn't group that well Superdomes were the best. My Airsporter S loves the ftt though. The only other pellets I have tried are hobbies. Interesting about the aa field from Pete though, might give them a try when I get some more.

Max
    Some interesting options. I have samples of most of the aforementioned pellets, so a pellet testing session will be due. I automatically went for the 5.6mm options I had on the shelf, of which the Wasps were far more accurate than the Defiant's.